What is the "NEW JEM JRS333" ?!? - Page 19 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 281 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 04:59 PM

Re: What is the "NEW JEM JRS333" ?!?

I am sorry but i think that ''Jem Jr.'' sucks. It's maybe for some kids but not for me. If i want a Jem, i will buy a JEM!!! NOT Jr or 555. But i guess someone will buy it anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 281 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:45 PM

i was reading about the story of Jem 333 (aka. Jem JR 2 or The Crap thing by others...) and i read this is my opinion:

About Jem 333. My opinion itīs a quite good guitar if you can see. you can "upgrade" with a new "voice" (Dimarzio Breeds, Evo, Evo 2, etc.), better tremolo like EDGE PRO or the "new" EDGE PRO II (and by the way change all the rest of the hardware like straps, screws, pickguard, etc.), and you will have a better guitar. Itīs well know itīs a "really cheap" version ... but what a better start to mod a guitar?

You can have a Jem 555 or others...but this comes "clean" from factory and you can mod in any way you like (example: new paint or not), and donīt spend a lot of money in change another with lot of way to make (like starting from a RG with out the monkey grip). the limits are yours...

i already have a Jem 333 and i change the pickguard..the next i will change is the "voice" (i was thinking a brand new breeds or a mix of 2 breeds and an Evo 2...)...and in a distant future the Tremolo...and i like it. (in the past i play with a Fender Stratocaster STD -sunburst- with texas mics, and an Epiphone LP std plus...). but this is only my opinion.

thanks...

J.

Last edited by Juanozzy; 09-09-2005 at 10:13 PM.
post #273 of 281 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 12:58 PM

well, I dont want a Jem333 because i have a jem7vwh, but i do want a jem333 because my son wants a guitar like mine and i dont want to spend all that money on a full quality jem if i dont know how long hes going to be playing guitar
post #274 of 281 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpak
well, I dont want a Jem333 because i have a jem7vwh, but i do want a jem333 because my son wants a guitar like mine and i dont want to spend all that money on a full quality jem if i dont know how long hes going to be playing guitar
Then maybe get him a used RG550/560/570, since they are close to the JEM and really good guitars themselves, i.e. they stay in tune etc.

Regards

André

post #275 of 281 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 03:32 PM

i would go for an rg but my son wants one with the monkeygrip, and im not to interested in doing a custom one either
post #276 of 281 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 03:47 PM

Quote:
i would go for an rg but my son wants one with the monkeygrip, and im not to interested in doing a custom one either
Maybe explain to him that "wanting" and "getting" are two entirely different things
post #277 of 281 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 09:15 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
Steve Vai has been gracious enough to post and explain the logic behind the 333 for us. Note to Ibanez - communication with customers is a GOOD thing

Click here to jump to the post and read about it

Is broken
post #278 of 281 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 12:24 PM

Hi.

This is my first post so be gentle with me!

I have been given a Jem Jr in black. A friend brought it over. Must admit I am pleasantly surprised at it. It plays OK and as long as you don't thrash the wammy bar it stays in tune. You can see the build quality is not as good as a proper Jem (I'm comparing to a floral owned by the lead guitarist in the band) but it's OK.

It will be a backup of my backup guitar I think. I play a Les Paul custom as my main guitar and the backup is a Sambora signature strat.

I woulod say that Jr probably compares to a Jap strat in build quality.

Cheers

Dave
www.flight.org.uk
post #279 of 281 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight
Hi.

This is my first post so be gentle with me!

I have been given a Jem Jr in black. A friend brought it over. Must admit I am pleasantly surprised at it. It plays OK and as long as you don't thrash the wammy bar it stays in tune. You can see the build quality is not as good as a proper Jem (I'm comparing to a floral owned by the lead guitarist in the band) but it's OK.

It will be a backup of my backup guitar I think. I play a Les Paul custom as my main guitar and the backup is a Sambora signature strat.

I woulod say that Jr probably compares to a Jap strat in build quality.

Cheers

Dave

www.flight.org.uk
Compares to a Japanese Strat? The Jem Jr is a Korean Made guitar. Is it not?

Japanese made guitars are better than Korean made guitars. ;-)
post #280 of 281 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Get a hacksaw and make your own monkey grip

I agree with a previous post that 333 / 555 degrade the overall Jem brand - but it does make Ibanez and Vai more money

A good use for a 333 is a backup for when you through the guitar around your neck Yankee Rose style - You wouldn't really want to risk it with your 7VWH
post #281 of 281 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
Compares to a Japanese Strat? The Jem Jr is a Korean Made guitar. Is it not?

Japanese made guitars are better than Korean made guitars. ;-)
Yup it is Korean.

Does compare to a Japstrat in build quality though.

Still you lot can't really trust me can you - I play a Gibson :-)

Tags
alder body , angled jack , basswood body , beautiful guitar , black pickguard , brian moore , buzz feiten , buzz feiten tuning system , chrome boy , chrome hardware , chrome vine , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , custom jem , darren wilson , dimarzio breed , dimarzio breeds , dot inlay , dot inlays , double locking tremolo , edge trem , electric guitar , equipped guitar , feiten tuning system , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fixed bridge , floating trems , frank gambale , fret inlay , fret level , fret markers , fret neck , fret wire , gibson les paul , gibson les paul standard , hollow body , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , ibanez roadstar , ibz inf , inf pickups , jem bsb , jem neck , jem project , jumbo frets , korean guitar , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les pauls , locking tremolo , mahogany body , maple neck , mirrored pickguard , monkey grip , music store , neck pickup , pearloid pickguard , piezo bridge , playing guitar , ply pickguard , pro edge , production model , scratch plate , signature guitar , signature strat , standard jem , steve vai , strat body , strat style , thrash metal , tremolo system , trs trems , truss rod , truss rod cover , tuning system , vintage trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode