What is the "NEW JEM JRS333" ?!? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

What is the "NEW JEM JRS333" ?!?

Canadian Musician Magazine is running a Vai-inspired contest this month - the winner gets Elusive Light & Sound Vol. 1 and a "hot new Ibanez JEM JRS333 electric guitar"

WTF Sounds like the new 555 is here at last?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 06:17 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Steve Vai has been gracious enough to post and explain the logic behind the 333 for us. Note to Ibanez - communication with customers is a GOOD thing

Click here to jump to the post and read about it
post #3 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 07:06 PM

Any pics?
post #4 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
i guess the cat is out of the bag on the ever-so-lame jem333.
Sheesh.

When will they stop hacking away at the reputation and dignity of the Jem brand name? Maybe after the Jem JR111 is released as an old tennis racket with CORT written in Sharpie on the headstock/handle.

Pah.

And again, pah.
post #5 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Any pics?
None with the contest - just a stock pic of Vai with his chromed, sustainer-equiped Jem with the dot or screw-head fretboard... I don't think I care to see it anyway {sigh!}

the Megadeth groupies over at the Jackson Charvel Forum will be unbearable when they hear about this
post #6 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 06:02 PM

No news of this guitar yet here in Europe

I will let you know if anything appears

Best wishes

Simon
ps the 555 is in the Euro-catalogue this year
post #7 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 09:37 AM

Quote:
When will they stop hacking away at the reputation and dignity of the Jem brand name? Maybe after the Jem JR111 is released as an old tennis racket with CORT written in Sharpie on the headstock/handle.
Remember, for anything to be released with the Jem name, Steve is directly involved, so the only one "hacking away at" the name is Steve.

From what I understand, the 333 is available in three colours: white, black, and a colour similar to root beer. Dot inlays, double locking trem (similar to a TRS type, non LoPro), obviously, it has the grip and claw. I believe the pickups are the same as the JS100, not DiMarzios.

Cheers,
Butch
post #8 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 10:10 AM

i selected EVERY country in ibanez.com and nothing.....
post #9 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 10:25 AM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprile
i selected EVERY country in ibanez.com and nothing.....
smart move let me ask... if you were ibanez, would you put a JEM333 in an online or print catalog ...glen
post #10 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 11:48 AM

Why even bother...just buy an Ibanez AX
post #11 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 12:46 PM

Quote:
smart move let me ask... if you were ibanez, would you put a JEM333 in an online or print catalog ...glen
well i would think if they make a product, they would like to sell it, and to do so use their promotional methods, including the web.

i have a very fast connection, in case that makes me look less stupid!
post #12 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 12:47 PM

Caprile, did you check ARGENTINA?
post #13 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 12:59 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprile
Quote:
well i would think if they make a product, they would like to sell it, and to do so use their promotional methods, including the web.

i have a very fast connection, in case that makes me look less stupid!
target audience.

i think this "merchandise" is designed to sell in retail stores more than be preordered by fanatics on the internet By kids whose parents take them to the store, where they feel the urge to have a "steve vai axe" regardless of how much it sucks or is a poor bang for the buck.

IMHO this axe is an embarrasment to whoever has their name associated with it (sorry - vai and ibanez are the cohorts). Ibanez is quite aware that a 333 will get alot of negative reaction from the internet and this site/forum. The fact remains there is really no good press to be had for the JEM333. People buying it won't be here or on the internet or even know ibanez prints up catalogs... glen

ps - the argentina site is "not found"?
post #14 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 01:23 PM

i see your point glen. i just hope the thing is not white! i can see SSV using it, though, at the end of shows doing his jimi/townsend rendition!
-------------------
the argentina thing is a reference to my big mouth announcing that country as the WC champions, when they went home in the first round.

(yes Simon, i'm eating my words, i deserve it! )
post #15 of 281 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch
Quote:
Remember, for anything to be released with the Jem name, Steve is directly involved, so the only one "hacking away at" the name is Steve.
You telling me Steve burst through the doors at Hoshino, pointed a gun at some secretary and said "Make me a Jem fit for Walmart or I redecorate the reception area with this nice office lady."

I think Ibanez just might be partially responsible for this fast food approach to R&D and the continued degradation of a brand they own. Folk such as yourself should have a crystal clear view of this occurring.

Don't mean to start a battle, this just happens to get under my skin, and I thank you (Butch) for the other info on the 333. When you say root beer, do you mean with wood grain like the 7RB or simply brownish-reddish paint?

Tags
alder body , angled jack , basswood body , beautiful guitar , black pickguard , brian moore , buzz feiten , buzz feiten tuning system , chrome boy , chrome hardware , chrome vine , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , custom jem , darren wilson , dimarzio breed , dimarzio breeds , dot inlay , dot inlays , double locking tremolo , edge trem , electric guitar , equipped guitar , feiten tuning system , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fixed bridge , floating trems , frank gambale , fret inlay , fret level , fret markers , fret neck , fret wire , gibson les paul , gibson les paul standard , hollow body , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , ibanez roadstar , ibz inf , inf pickups , jem bsb , jem neck , jem project , jumbo frets , korean guitar , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les pauls , locking tremolo , mahogany body , maple neck , mirrored pickguard , monkey grip , music store , neck pickup , pearloid pickguard , piezo bridge , playing guitar , ply pickguard , pro edge , production model , scratch plate , signature guitar , signature strat , standard jem , steve vai , strat body , strat style , thrash metal , tremolo system , trs trems , truss rod , truss rod cover , tuning system , vintage trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode