what pedal should I buy to go with my js1000 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

what pedal should I buy to go with my js1000

hi..do you guys know what pedal will give me a full warm buttery sound???a pedal or amps suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 02:08 PM

Try some Fulltone pedals, rather expensive but i've only heard good things about them (Soul Bender or Distortion Pro sounds like simething you'd like)...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 07:30 PM

A keeley mod Boss bd-2 with phat switch will help you out. It really gives you a full warm smooth distortion.......the phat switch brings a stock bd-2 to life.
They aren't cheap though......but worth the money in my book.
The stock boss distortion pedals sound whimpy......but the keeley mods are excellent and they will beef up your tone like you wouldn't believe.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

I have a boss OS-2 and I don'T like it at allI don't even use,I use my amps distortion....any wha wha pedals good out there??? again,full warm sound...like Belly Dancer intro
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 04:31 AM

Reviews: 1
I use a Korg AX1G multi effect and a Cry Baby Wah with my Chromeboy which gives great sound.
The ax1g is rather limited, but can give some nice sounds. The Cry Baby Wah is great though :P

Before I'd buy a pedal, I'd certainly do some serious testing in the shop. There's so much choice out there, but no cheap ones!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 05:02 AM

I use:
Ibanez GT3 (Tube Screamer/Digital Delay/Super Chorus)
Ibanez Thrashmetal Soundtank
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Supershifter and Expression pedal

I get a nice range of sounds, which I'm happy with. Although, I fancy a digitech whammy as well.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:25 PM

I like the new Digitech X Series Digital Delay, and the Boss DD-2. Digitech Whammy would be cool too.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:50 PM
HDS

I use a Digitech GNX2 and 2120 system. I like the 2120 but the GNX2 way better for recording.

Tags
digitech whammy , distortion pedal , dunlop crybaby , expression pedal , keeley mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode