Ibanez JEM Forum banner

What S Model is this?

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  label thief 
#1 ·
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/461644175.html
okay, so of course the left photo and the right are not the same. The seller states that the one on the left has two small dots on the 12th fret. However after looking on the internet for quite some time.. i cant find any s2120s or 2020s or anything that has the two small dots on the 12th fret. Can anyone tell what model it is by looking on small photo on the left?

#10 ·
I just got an RG 550 that has the original wizard profile and it seems really thin compared to the S2020. The 2000 catalog on Ibanez Rules (what a resource by the way) indicates a Wizard neck on the S2020. Not that the S is a baseball bat. When I get home tonight I'll do a quick side by side and see if I can quantify the difference a little more.

#13 ·
I have the first (S2020). It looks like you purchased the S2120, which has the option of blending the piezo with the magnetic. Mine can only do one or the other. Other than the inlay, I believe they are the same neck, but I would have to let someone who has played it let you know. Either way, congrats on the new guitar. I don't know what they retailed for new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.