What are those mini toggles switches on vai's white evo? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

What are those mini toggles switches on vai's white evo?

On satch's site....i watched the G3 welcome video with satch, vai, malmsteen.
when they were showing clips of vai doing his "tongue on the string" thing......i could see some mini toggle switches by the tone knob........

what is this, and what does it do? Is that his secret to making a note sustain forever?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 10:39 PM

Re: What are those mini toggles switches on vai's white evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer2
On satch's site....i watched the G3 welcome video with satch, vai, malmsteen.
when they were showing clips of vai doing his "tongue on the string" thing......i could see some mini toggle switches by the tone knob........

what is this, and what does it do? Is that his secret to making a note sustain forever?
Well its not on evo, but on the guitar flo. In fact it is his secret to infinite sustain, and is called the fernandes sustainer. The two switches are the on off and harmonic mode switches for the sustainer system
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 07:35 PM

ya basically vai's tongue trick is bull :) but wtf, why are we here, he's a showmen. I just want to yell at people who don't catch on to his tricks. it doesn't change though who he is, and he's a master of the guitar.

ha, in fact, my way of doing it was harder and i knew ther was an easier way, but i don't have his set up. oh well :lol:

Tags
fernandes sustainer , mini toggle , toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode