what or what kind things make a jem an ideal& great guit - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

what or what kind things make a jem an ideal& great guit

yes ,what or what kind things make a jem an ideal& great guitar??frethboard???pick-ups???finish??monkey grip???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 03:24 PM

Mostly it's the people that play them

~K
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 05:11 PM

best answer,

Personal opinion,

Jems rock, if you love em

Jems suck, if you don't,

Simple as that, for me, they are perfect, not really because of cosmetics like the grip or claw or color, though those are all very kewl, but because they feel the best, and sound amazing.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 06:01 PM

for me it was originally that all my fav players used them

then it was because they look, feel, sound and play great

now it is because they are the guitars I play and the guitars my friends (whereever they are in the world ) play

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 07:33 PM

I also like all the different models that the JEM series has to offer through out the years...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 12:52 PM

once you've played one for a time, you know why. They have a fantastic feel and sound to me.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 01:33 PM

Yeah, it's really personal opinion but at first, I was drawn to it's appearance. It was like the Lamorghini Countach of Guitars in my eyes. Once I played one-it was like the perfect guitar. Nothing ever played as well for me. As I got older and eventullly was able to score one, I really learned to appreciate the capabilities of the Jem (and UV) as it is very flexible and musically versatile. If you have a few different models, you can have different features that affect the feel and tone and that just adds to versatility. There's not much I would change on a JEm or UV. I would like to see the cosmetics vary more and perhaps see thge addition of piezos and/or synth pickups but aside from that-I think they're just right.

Mike 777 Haug

Tags
monkey grip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode