What will be the Jem 35th anniversary? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 10:59 AM

Well...they did the pink ones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 05:13 PM

Re: What will be the Jem 35th anniversary?

Ahh buttovcourse! I wish they'd go back to the pink lining.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 07:29 PM

Cool Re: What will be the Jem 35th anniversary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morien View Post
An atd pia lacs 50 made canadian cased 15k instrument
Like your vision. Such a model would be sold out fast i think.
Cheers !
Wolfgang
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 07:45 PM
Vendor

Sadly I don't think there will be an ATD for a long time, if ever. I think the bridge was just to burnt. I believe we will have dips again someday, and I think you'll be impressed at the new direction, but only time will tell.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 11:42 PM

I keep hoping for a Bruno replica one day. But since Steve has started referring to the Universes as "novelties" lately, I am not holding my breath.
Viper Pilot is online  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I believe we will have dips again someday, and I think you'll be impressed at the new direction, but only time will tell.
Thx for the breadcrumbs!
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2020, 11:08 AM

Fowleri, I can relate somewhat to your complaint about the current high prices of the 30th Anniversary JEM's. If I really wanted to have a 30th JEM, I'd probably shell out the cash and get one. Unfortunately for you, it is what it is. But, I lucked out when I bought my 30th JEM 777LG back in 2017. When I first found out about those I immediately contacted my rep at Sweetwater, but he told me that they had sold out. I was pretty pissed thinking...Am I gonna miss out on the Loch Ness Green JEM's again? So, I searched online and saw that AMS was still selling them and I jumped on it and pre-ordered my JEM. So, sometimes it's meant to be and other times it's not. I did have a '89 JEM 777 Desert Sun Yellow but sold it as well as a 1990 Universe 77MC (ATD swirl) and sold that too to buy my Veleno Aluminum guitar from John Veleno back in 2005. Of course, I'm kicking myself for selling my Universe 77MC. I have gigged with my 30th JEM but it was getting chipped up and stopped using it (before the Covid-19 B.S.) and bought the JEM 7VWHP to gig with since it's not as expensive and not as collector worthy as my 30th JEM. So, there's my 2 cents worth.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-23-2020, 09:01 PM

Reviews: 5

IMHO, the Genesis series gets a bum rap. They HAVE been discontinued, and you bought one at just the right time. The prices are finally starting to come down. I expect that to be temporary, though. In a few years, they'll become collectable. Hell, they only made them for one or two years. A Japanese Rg with direct mount pups and an original Edge? That's all I need. Then again, although I do want a few rare guitars, but I want them because They're good guitars. I'm not really a collector.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-24-2020, 01:34 PM

Thumbs down Re: What will be the Jem 35th anniversary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowleri View Post
I give up on trying to buy these 30th jems. It's impossible to find under $5000 and no website has it only at all except these people who just want 5k, no wonder they sit on reverb and ebay for months. I searched the interwebs constantly, I can't find anything.

This isn't even an old relic guitar and these people want 5k, is a reissue

I'm even seeing these people trying to sell the 2018 Genesis for over 1k lol when you can buy a new for that
Dude...I barely ever post here. I read information posted by Rich and others here to learn and have a laugh occasionally.

YOU however....in every single thread I see you in, most of your own creation, all you do is whinge whinge whinge! (yes that is a word, I live in Australia).

See what you made me do?

Lighten the f up and get over yourself and try and be a little less negative. Sheesh
peromucho7 and alessandro like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode