what year did the js1200 come out? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

what year did the js1200 come out?

sorry if this is a stupid question but wanted to know when the js1200 first came out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 04:40 PM

Re: what year did the js1200 come out?

http://www.jemsite.com/articles-menu...-guitars-info/

you can click through the entire series of JS links to find the complete history.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLG421 View Post
http://www.jemsite.com/articles-menu...-guitars-info/

you can click through the entire series of JS links to find the complete history.
why thankyou kind sir.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:36 PM

You've been asking a lot of JS questions over the last few weeks, paul.You better end up buying one and give us the photo proof or we'll hunt you DOWN!! :P j/k.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
You've been asking a lot of JS questions over the last few weeks, paul.You better end up buying one and give us the photo proof or we'll hunt you DOWN!! :P j/k.
haha yea i know ive been driving you guys crazy with all the questions. i just soooo excited to be getting back in the game. you have to remember i will be buying this guitar with out ever seeing it, touching it or playing it. im confident that im making the right choice.
its just been sooooo long. when i started playing i was 9 years or so. then when i turned 25 the baby came and by by gear. we were not expecting our child. i did not want to sell my stuff but had no choice. i was into booze and weed pretty good and cleaned up about 4 years ago. then the bug hit me about 3 month ago. i call that my moment of clarity! went through my old casset tape and there was surfing with the alien. had to get the CD to listen to it and i was like phuck this im playing again. im jst getting back into satch music and i have more CDs to get but as of now the alien is still my favorite. i guess since im so familar with it. and i just got the live in sanfrancisco DVD and it kicks ass.
but yea man as soon as i get the money together im calling rich. i have 900 bucks so not too much longer. im trying to pick up as many clients as possible while im a personal trainer at my gym to get the money faster. and ill post a pick right when i get it.
oh yea im thinking of getting the vox valvtronix VT100 as an amp. you know much about them. or what are you using now and how do you like it? anyway you cought me rambling on. i also like the signature VOX pedals from satch.
paul
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 PM

Head on over to the gear section. You'll find tons of discussions on amps, and that is very subjective.

so, since your posts have been so devoid of pictures, I'll toss a few here with my rig. Great satch tones.

JCM 800 2210, largely unused. need a hotplate!

AVT20 plugged into the marshall 4x12

My 3 queens.

jem777dy
rg570
JS1200CA

So just for your reference, I added the AVT, JS1200, and all those pedals in the last 3 years. all told for around 3 grand.

Get to training, Paul
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Head on over to the gear section. You'll find tons of discussions on amps, and that is very subjective.

so, since your posts have been so devoid of pictures, I'll toss a few here with my rig. Great satch tones.

JCM 800 2210, largely unused. need a hotplate!

AVT20 plugged into the marshall 4x12

My 3 queens.

jem777dy
rg570
JS1200CA

So just for your reference, I added the AVT, JS1200, and all those pedals in the last 3 years. all told for around 3 grand.

Get to training, Paul

wow nice looking stuff! i see you have the saturator so how are you liking that? ive heard good stuff about it. i was going to get a Marshall DSL100MLB and MC412 Half Stack
100-watt 2-channel Tube Head with 4 x 12 Angled Amp Cabinet but my advice givin was it is too much for what im trying to do right now wich is play at home. my cousin said it was like a phucking bazooka and you would have to turn it up to where the cops would come to hear the sweet sounds of the tubes. i think at sweetwater it was offered at 1299. can you reccomend me in some sort of direction please and i will check out the gear section. what ever amp i get will come fast because ill finace it. rich says paid in full please so thats what im doing to get the BEST possible set up. but damn nice gear you have there! are you going to look into the VOX time machine i think its called? and whats a good wah pedal? ill need one for songs like crushing day and surfing with the alien. never used a wah before. and ya know the VOX valvtronix VT100 is a combo amp so how will that be with added pedals. if you have the time can you look at it and tell me your opinion? http://www.*******.com/item--VOXVT100.
paul
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

CLG421
i see you are using the MXR M-108 EQ. how are you liking that? i was pointed in that direction to use with the VOX VT100 to help with the muddy tone that it can have. the VT100 has an effects loop so i was going to run the MRX M-108 through it and the BBE sonic Stomp after that.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 PM

I love it. I just got that as a fathers day gift, and I should have bought it myself a long time ago. It's given me so much more control over my tone. If all my pedals were stolen, it would be top 4 to be replaced. They'd probably be replaced in this order.

satchurator > Bad Horsie II Wah > DD7 > M108

After that, the pedals all sort of add effect. those 4 give me most of my tone.

Never played around with the Vox amps, so can't give you much help there. But I love my AVT20 + 4x12. I can play small - medium gigs with that without having to break out the JCM800. See if you can get your hands on one to try. not for everyone, but I sure love mine.

Geoff
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:29 PM

See if you can find an AVT50, as the 20 doesn't have an effects loop, but the 20 is plenty loud and gives great bedroom volume tone.

It's a hybrid. Tube preamp and solid state power stage. Give good tube sounds without the need for the typical volume it takes to get to a tube amps sweet spot.

It's the only Marshall combo (non-100% tube) that I like.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I love it. I just got that as a fathers day gift, and I should have bought it myself a long time ago. It's given me so much more control over my tone. If all my pedals were stolen, it would be top 4 to be replaced. They'd probably be replaced in this order.

satchurator > Bad Horsie II Wah > DD7 > M108

After that, the pedals all sort of add effect. those 4 give me most of my tone.

Never played around with the Vox amps, so can't give you much help there. But I love my AVT20 + 4x12. I can play small - medium gigs with that without having to break out the JCM800. See if you can get your hands on one to try. not for everyone, but I sure love mine.

Geoff
hey jeff
no more vox amp for me. i found EXACTLY what i need for home use. no bells and whistles. but great gear and ill get pedals so i can get the sound i want. here it is...
Blackstar HT Series HT-5H 5W Tube Guitar Amp Head
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Blacksta...60-i1434795.gc
and the Carvin Legacy 2x12 cab with Celestion Vintage 30s.
specs
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Two Celestion™ G12 Vintage 30 60 watt speakers
- 8 ohm cabinet
- Dimensions: 26" wide x 10.25" deep x 17.5" high
- Weight: 40 lbs.
- Made in San Diego, California[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]so im pretty sure ill be getting this. 299 for the head wich is a steal and 399 for the cab. so what do you think? there was no link but the cab is from carvingutars.[/FONT]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode