What's the going price on Jem 7DBK? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

What's the going price on Jem 7DBK?

Thinking of getting a used one. Anyone have an idea of what these are worth? I keep seeing some sellers listing them as rare but I can't imagine there are too many newer JEMS that are rare. In fact, pretty sure I saw a brand new one hanging at my local Sam Ash. I see a lot of the standard white JEMS still going for $1,000 used. Is that pretty much the price to expect on any used JEM?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 AM

Re: What's the going price on Jem 7DBK?

If you can get a used VWH for $1000 do it immediatly. Thats half of what it costs for christs sake.

Dont hesitate and go buy that VWH today.

Going rate today for Jems depending on what it is

Normal Jems nothing rare $1200-1800
Rare Jems $2000-5000

thats what I gather from sites, evilbay, and local stores
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Is the 7DBK rare? I did a search on eeybay and only found one used one listed in the completed auctions and that one has been relisted....it's listed at about $1,000 and there are no bidders.

Did a web search and really didn't get a lot of results for it.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 11:06 AM

7DBK's aren't rare, but they are rare in comparison to Mexican Strats!! You shouldn't have any problems getting hold of one.

Price wise, they are less than 7VWH (the white one). $1000 sounds good to me. I sold mine in the UK for over £800 (approx $1500) but the UK is always more expensive than the US
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 10:30 PM

I got my Jem for $890 shipped, would've been $790 but some complete retard bumped it a hundred bucks at the last minute.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 02:56 PM

Take yourself right on over here...
http://www.ibanezrules.com/used.htm#JEM
Rich is the man, he's got a DBK for a real decent price and you can't go wrong with Rich.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 10:21 AM
MJM

This is funny, I was just going to post a new threat about the VSBL asking the same question and the first thread here is a price question on the DBK. Anyway, does anybody know what the going rate for a mint Ď02 7VSBL in the US currently is? Iím thinking about letting mine go and was checking out the used sales here and on the big auction site and there is not much to go by. In fact, there is one available for BIN of $2,100Ö that canít be accurate, can it? Also, are the 02ís with the LoPro Edges more desirable than the EdgePro equipped models? Are the VSBLís considered rarer as there arenít many put up for sale?

Thanks in advance for any input.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 10:55 AM

I don't think they are very rare, it's just that it's newer, so people don't usually sell something they haven't had for very long. I couldn't even guess on a price though, maybe on par with the VWH, 1500-1750 assuming it's mint.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM
Also, are the 02ís with the LoPro Edges more desirable than the EdgePro equipped models? Are the VSBLís considered rarer as there arenít many put up for sale?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Yes, I believe the 02's are more desirable for that very reason. While they aren't RARE, I do believe they are considered "somewhat" rare as they were only in production for two years and weren't very popular while they were still available so I don't know that there really are that many out there. The vsbl's have risen quite a bit in popularity lately so you ought to be able to get a pretty penny for a "mint" 02' model. I have a mint 02 vsbl as well an I absolutely LOVE it. No way I'm lettin go of that baby
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420
Take yourself right on over here...
http://www.ibanezrules.com/used.htm#JEM
Rich is the man, he's got a DBK for a real decent price and you can't go wrong with Rich.
Plus you get his setup .

Regards

Andrť

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Banned

between £800 - £900 i think!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 09:25 PM
MJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
I have a mint 02 vsbl as well an I absolutely LOVE it. No way I'm lettin go of that baby
Yea, I agree, the vsbl is a sweet guitar that looks great and plays awesome. I just really don't play it too often and could use the money for other gear. My main jem player is a 10th anniv. that I will never let go of. My 10th was my only guitar for years and has a bit of sentimental value to me. I bought the vsbl in '02 and intended to use it as my main player to reduce wear on my 10th. Around the same time, I joined a band and needed to use a 7 string exclusively and rarely played my jems, .. and when I did, I grabbed the 10th.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys.

Tags
mexican strat , pro edge , sam ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode