What's up with Ibanez... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
What's up with Ibanez...

I ordered my UV777BK at the end of August. I was told that it should be there 4 weeks later. Alright!

4 weeks later they told me that the UV's were out of stock and that it would be January. So last week I send an email to the import-agency in Holland. I got the reply today:

"Due to severe shipping-problems at Ibanez the UV will arrive no sooner than the end of March, probably much later"......

This REALLY makes me loose my happiness about getting the new axe. Waiting 7 months minimum is not an option on production guitars in my view.

Anybody know what's up at Ibanez and if this is also the case in the States or the UK?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 12:37 PM

Rich could ship a UV 2 u A Lot Quicker. Here is a link
www.ibanezrules.com
Out,
GP
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Yes that's the case over here too, or at least it was when I last was waiting for a guitar on order

Basically shipments came into the UK every 6 months, if the dealer you went to didn't get what you wanted at the last delivery, you waited another 6 months.

My advice is cancel the order you've placed, get you're money back stating that their customer service is terrible, and then go order one from Rich, who, I'm sure,has them in stock. It'll be a LOT less hassle than a 6 month wait, you may even save yourself some cash
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

I know, but that's not something I'm about to do. I want my guitars from my own shop if possible. Nothing to do with Rich, I'm sure he'll deliver a great guitar, but at this time I'm not gonna get a guitar shipped here from the States (taxes, after sale service, etc.)

And still it sucks
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Well if you're determined to shop locally, and that's something that is admirable, you've got to be prepared to put up with poor "before sales" service, like a 7 months wait.

Europe suffers from shipping delays but we do get some nice RGs
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Vendor

Very comendable to stick with your locals. It is a pain though, I waited 1 year and 3 months for my JS10th to finally come in so I've definately been there and done that. I ordered it before I started dealing, by the time it came in I had gone into biz and already sold 5 or 6 of them

Patience is a true virtue when waiting for an order from Japan.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 02:09 PM

Whats bad is when you are in the states and they try and make you wait 6 months to get one!!!

Yes I've had this happen before, then I talked to this guy who said, man I can get it to you in 3 days! I bought from him, cancelled the 4 orders I had with this other store and bought the rest of what I wanted from Rich!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 PM

Been there, done that. I had to wait 6 months for my VWH. Now I shop at Ibanez Rules and I'm sure to be satisfied everytime, plus you get Rich's famous setup on the guitar.

Gabe
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 05:11 PM

lol, i have a story of my uv777bk too. but it wasnt involved with ibanez's fault. It was the fault of the canadian distributor. The dude ordered my guitar, then sold it to someone else. It was supposed to take a month for the guitar to be in my hands, instead it took four months for the distributor to figure out what happenned.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 01:21 AM
rvj

This is unbelievable. You overseas guys have to endure many, many months of agonizing wait to get a Jem or UV. Wow! I live near Chicago and I can walk into any Ibanez dealer and just grab one right off the wall. I've heard this mentioned before but never really thought about it. I guess many of us here in the states don't realize how fortunate we really are. When I ordered my DNA, I was told they would have it in a few days. It took close to two weeks and I was dying. I can't imagine waiting months on end. I'm also the type of guy who would much rather pay the import taxes than have to wait forever.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvj
I live near Chicago and I can walk into any Ibanez dealer and just grab one right off the wall.
It must be nice. Ibanez dealers in my area (Southern Maine/New Hampshire) have a very limited supply on hand. It's usually lower end S, SAs, GSAs, RGs, etc. Oh, but they can order me anything... To find a JEM to actually play I have to drive to GC in Massachusetts! And they STILL don't have the SBL, just the WH and the DBK.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 03:25 AM

I had LUCK I walked in to order a UV and they had already done that so I had to wait for a mere 2 weeks Got it in the factory box & in tune.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Nickelson
Been there, done that. I had to wait 6 months for my VWH. Now I shop at Ibanez Rules and I'm sure to be satisfied everytime, plus you get Rich's famous setup on the guitar.

Gabe
Happened the same to me. In the 4th month i asked for my money back. Thatīs ridiculous.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvj
This is unbelievable. You overseas guys have to endure many, many months of agonizing wait to get a Jem or UV. Wow! I live near Chicago and I can walk into any Ibanez dealer and just grab one right off the wall. I've heard this mentioned before but never really thought about it. I guess many of us here in the states don't realize how fortunate we really are. When I ordered my DNA, I was told they would have it in a few days. It took close to two weeks and I was dying. I can't imagine waiting months on end. I'm also the type of guy who would much rather pay the import taxes than have to wait forever.
It's not that bad, it's just if the dealer you go to doesn't have what you want in stock at that time. There's no way for a dealer to get what you're after quickly if it's not in these shores.

We often have a good range to choose from at some of the bigger local dealers. One shop I went to had a JEM7VWH and 2 JEM7DBKs, and JS1000s in both white and blue. Another one I visited had the black, white and blue JEM all in stock, it's only if they don't have them in stock that we have to wait.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

My shop does have some great other Ibanez-guitars too. Rg Paint 4, JemDNA, Chromeboy, RG 7680, RG3120, 2 USA Customs, etc... Just not the Universe.

Decided to buy the Gibson Les Paul Gary Moore Signature instead (bloody fantastic!!!), will buy the UV this summer.

Tags
ebmm petrucci , gary moore , gibson les paul , ibanez dealer , ibanez jpm , les paul , les pauls , sam ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode