Where to find a JS1CR30 in Canada - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Where to find a JS1CR30 in Canada

Anyone know where I can order one here in Canada or what the best way is to get my hands on one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 04:25 PM

Re: Where to find a JS1CR30 in Canada

There are four of those guitars slated for Canada and I don't believe any of them have been spoken for. The price will be $6500 CAD and any authorized Ibanez dealer will be able to get you one as long as you act fast and put some money down.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 04:34 PM
Vendor

There are now 3 left as he locked his up yesterday and never updated this page
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, meant to update the page. I did get mine locked in and am 1 of the 4 now. Can't wait!! Supposed to get it in May sometime.

I didn't get any response from my initial post here, so went rogue and sent a random email to some Ibanez distributors. I got a response and a contact. Made a call and then was able to seal the deal yesterday morning. I feel like I won the lottery as I am sure there is a mad dash to get one. That and I wouldn't have been able to do it if it weren't for my wife whom helped cough up the cash for me to get it.

Even after she said I have too may guitars! LOL
froctavio and OCDemon like this.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 06:29 PM
Vendor

Remember what I said, there's always an ulterior motive!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:06 PM

US dealers can ship to you too.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:09 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
US dealers can ship to you too.
You know that's not only strictly forbidden in our dealer policy, but it's also illegal to export any banned CITES material without a permit, and until somebody gets to the bottom of that deep dark well, nothing is being exported but maple, ebony, and panga panga.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

The vendor I purchased from wouldn't accept a dow payment or deposit to hold one for me. I was told I had to pay in full. Is that normal practice for an item like this? I can understand that in case the vendor got burned. I seen another post on Facebook where it looks as though the buyer was able to make a deposit for theirs.

Even on my invoice it states... "Order cannot be cancelled as sale is final and customer is committed regardless of delivery time."

Of course I agreed to this as I did not plan on backing out of this opportunity.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 10:19 PM
Vendor

Just on principle I would have told him where he could shove that policy, only after I secured one of the other 3 from a dealer that has normal policies.
Dutchie and froctavio like this.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You know that's not only strictly forbidden in our dealer policy, but it's also illegal to export any banned CITES material without a permit, and until somebody gets to the bottom of that deep dark well, nothing is being exported but maple, ebony, and panga panga.
GC and SW will usually ship to Canada. Or at least they used to a few years ago.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 11:37 PM
Vendor

Oh absolutely. It's a global market and nobody turns down a sale because of a line in the dirt, no matter how much Japan wants to stomp their feet, their biggest dealers are the biggest violators. CITES is a completely different animal, that makes it illegal, not just a dealer policy issue
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

On that note, if someone orders a guitar from overseas and it gets stuck in customs with no form, who is responsible? Should the customer have known better, or has the vendor failed to deliver?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:11 AM
Vendor

It gets confiscated and most likely destroyed. The only chance it has is if it's looted ivory antiquities and you get a country or agency involved on your behalf, otherwise, standard procedure with banned fauna or flora is to confiscate and destroy. It's not like they're going to send it back to you. It's banned.

The kicker is they allow you to hand carry it if it's yours. If you already own it and are travelling it's your property and they don't question it [I wouldn't travel with several ivory tusks]. But if it is shipping, it needs a permit.

Now there is plenty of illicit shipping going on, and I haven't heard any horror stories yet.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:28 AM
Vendor

Dinis flew over to pickup and carry back a UVRE this year [hope that wasn't a secret] because it's legal, and he works for the airlines and gets super cheap flights!

I have shipped a couple to near Canada border for those close enough they can drive across. I had a pal brought down 3, he drove over the border with them in his Audi 2 door and one of the flight cases thru the fold down rear seat sitting in plain view - "anything to declare" - "nope, just going to visit and old friend". Carry on.
Steel Edge, peromucho7 and Haipong like this.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Dinis flew over to pickup and carry back a UVRE this year [hope that wasn't a secret] because it's legal, and he works for the airlines and gets super cheap flights!

I have shipped a couple to near Canada border for those close enough they can drive across. I had a pal brought down 3, he drove over the border with them in his Audi 2 door and one of the flight cases thru the fold down rear seat sitting in plain view - "anything to declare" - "nope, just going to visit and old friend". Carry on.

Tags
guitar , js1cr3 , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode