Where to find a JS6 these days? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Where to find a JS6 these days?

I'm not really in the market to get one, but it's the one I'd like to consider next. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I could go about looking for one. Thanks for any help!
Please note, this is not a classified and I don't really want any offers, I just want to look around. Thanks!
~Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 02:12 PM

Every once in a while you'll see one pop up on ebay. There was one posted there not too long ago. Just gotta keep checking there. Or you may find one from time to time on Harmony central.
And finally, you may see one in the classifieds here on Jemsite. These are the 3 places i'd start to look for a Js6........then you have several members here on jemsite that are always on the lookout for rare Js's.......they usually let eachother know about it.
SilverSurferII
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Yeah I found mine on ebay, I talked to the seller during the auction and built up a feeling of mutual trust, (selling to a guy in England has to be as nerve wracking as buying from a guy in the States ) and when the auction didn't meetthe reserve price we came to a compromise and struck a deal.

They, like most guitars seem to hit the marketplace in a rash, when one person sells their's, others decide that they could cash in and sell theirs as well.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 11:14 AM

Lot of ppl seem to hold on to their rare Js models for a while, then feel that they want something else that is more expensive....so they end up selling their axes. Unless of course your Rich, you'd have to steal his Donnies and raindbows when he's not home.....other than that, all you can do is drool at his pics.
I'm sure another Js6 would pop up within the next year........
but if you see one on Jemsite, you better be quick to buy it......

there was a trans red Js6000 on here a while back......the thing was already sold when i requested pics for it!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 11:22 AM

I'd picked up (3) different JS6s in the course of 6 months or so. Ended up selling two of them, but kept the one that was mint. They, like most of the harder to find models, do tend to show up several at a time. They're out there...it's just a matter of luck and patience as to when you'll run across one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode