Who bought the JS5 and how much did it cost? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
RCB

Who bought the JS5 and how much did it cost?

Im talking about the one that was for auction last week.

I never cared that much for any of the satriani with graphics (particularly the JS5. I really like donnies though, but I wouldnt pay top dollar for them. Im always amazed at how much people are willing to pay for this guitars, so Im curius about the outcome!. How much did it end up going for? Any idea who bought it?

What about the "snake" replica? Did anyone on the forum grab that one? It looked very nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 10:51 AM
EKG

Re: Who bought the JS5 and how much did it cost?

I think it went for about $6300
post #3 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
RCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKG
I think it went for about $6300
Thats more than what Rich was asking for PIA (a custom made for steve vai 7VWH with piezo, a guitar owned and played by the man himself). Its really hard to understand...... I know there are few.... but come on, they dont even look good!
post #4 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:07 AM
EKG

It actually went for $6229. Here is the auction number: 3780634554

I love the Rainforest.........and the Donnies, of course
post #5 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:10 AM

yes, i watched that one unfold, what a crazy bid war. I would never pay that much for a guitar, thats insane. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that same Js5 back on evilbay in the future, with a BIN or reserve of $7000++
post #6 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:29 AM

It got crazy.....things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. I think it was more so the rarity than the beauty of it....
post #7 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:32 AM

Well...at least a fellow Jemsiter snagged it and not Ed Roman.
post #8 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:37 AM

That's good!

Regards

André

post #9 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
RCB

How rare are they? How many of them are around? How much would a donnie bring in? A Rainbow?

Any idea whta happened to the snake replica? There was also another interesting guitar, the Samick/Valley arts that Blues Saraceno used on Plaid and the instructional video. Anyone saw that one? how much did it bring in? That is one guitar I would love to own.

Im glad that a fellow jemsiter who really wanted got it. I wasnt cheap... but I guess he either has a lot of money, or he really really wanted it (and there doesnt seem too many to look around). So, congrats!

I wonder if there are a few JS3, 4 and 5 outside the US, japan and europe.... anyone lucky enough to find one will probably get it very cheap. Outside the US and Europe there isnt an Ibanez "collectors" market.

In Argentina I bought an almost mint UV77MC for 1000, a PMC was in a store for a couple of months before the sold it for 1500 (Im missed that one). Another very good UV77MC was sold for 1500. Keep in mind that a used RG570 goes for around 600 in Argentina, and a used 7VWH would ost around 1500-2000 (because guitars are much more expensive than in the US).Here in Mexico, I heard there was a guy who wanted to trade a GMC in excellent condition for a UV777BK. These are just a few examples.

Back to topic.... so, who many JS3, JS4 and JS5 are around? How much would a JS3 or JS4 bring in? Anyone in the forum got the snake replica or the Blues Saraceno guitar?
post #10 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:01 PM

Do you not know how to look for completed auctions on ****? It's really not that difficult.
post #11 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Vendor

You think because you found some deals that people in the rest of the world don't pay large also?! That would be pretty dumb. There's a guy in Australia that bought a GMC from a dealer for $300. Does that mean Ibanez must be cheap and have no resale in Australia? Yea, right.....
Rich is online  
post #12 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:11 PM

Everybody gets lucky once in awhile. There are probably still 2 or 3 '54 Strats that are unders a few beds somewhere in the world, and they'll probably end up being sold at garage sales for a few hundred bucks. Deals like that are the exception to the rule- not the rule itself. If you pay $1000 for a UVMC, good for you. If you can get half a dozen at the same price that AREN'T fugly MKR swirls, THEN it'd be worth noting.

I've picked up (2) ATD UVMCs both for under $1500. One was dead mint but a marginal swirl. The other was a great swirl with very little wear. It's no big deal.
post #13 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
Everybody gets lucky once in awhile. There are probably still 2 or 3 '54 Strats that are unders a few beds somewhere in the world, and they'll probably end up being sold at garage sales for a few hundred bucks. Deals like that are the exception to the rule- not the rule itself. If you pay $1000 for a UVMC, good for you. If you can get half a dozen at the same price that AREN'T fugly MKR swirls, THEN it'd be worth noting.

I've picked up (2) ATD UVMCs both for under $1500. One was dead mint but a marginal swirl. The other was a great swirl with very little wear. It's no big deal.
Don't forget about the JS10th you snatched up....

I must admit it was amatuer hour on the JS5 auction....if I had a better connection, the winner and the results would've been different.
post #14 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Vendor

I already told you, if that one bid had gotten in none of you would have had a chance
Rich is online  
post #15 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
RCB

No, I dont. Im not so familiar with it and I never cared to look for a sold item. In fact, I never look for anything to buy there. I only look for itmes there when someone sends me a link, or mentions something of particular interest.

Besides, even if looked there and see the name of the winning bidder for the "snake" replica, I probably couldnt tell if he is a member of the forum or not. Thats why I ask. It just seems likely that a forum member would grab that one.

Anyway, if you got the time and will to explain how to look for a sold item, you are most welcome.

Tags
atd swirl , atd swirls , blues saraceno , custom shop , ibanez guitars , john petrucci , les paul , les pauls , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode