Who builds a chibanez? I did lol - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Who builds a chibanez? I did lol

Ok so I picked up a body a while back for cheap... I think like $30.. if that. Anyway... I got a neck and a pickguard from the bay, So far my total is about $120 for the 3 parts. I have an original floyd thats going on. I had an old Kramer that i took apart and had it left over. Anyway here it is so far... Might do EMG's or blue/white Dimarzios. I call it "the patriot"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 03:49 PM

Re: Who builds a chibanez? I did lol

Awesome.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 04:26 PM

I like that pickguard!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 11:30 PM

me too, but it looks like it doesn't fit properly?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Its not screwed on, just placed there
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 02:35 PM

yer, shame about the wood between the p/up cavity and the neck. and probably a swimming pool route in there im guessing? oh well semi-acoustic jem!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 02:37 PM

If that is a real neck then you are leaps and bounds better than a chibanez. The chibanezs I have seen on the bay don't have real truss rods.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 02:55 PM

You can pick up some alder or poplar pieces of wood at lowes for a few bucks. Shape them and glue them into place to fix that "swimming pool" rout. Maybe you can gain some tone by doing that. Im sure the body is made of plywood or 12 pieces of low grade basswood.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

yea Its not that bad... I may end up leaving it with the little space, doesnt bother me. I mean im not using high end pieces bc i know its a Chi... I got the neck for a few bucks.. its from an RG320 I might even use the pups from my RG120 just so I dont have to buy new ones. And Ill only get a single coil new. Im saving the Evo's for my other project. (rootbeer styled with an AANJ and new style claw trem route)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode