Who s the lucky one? Great deals on a UV77MC and a BSB - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
RCB

Who s the lucky one? Great deals on a UV77MC and a BSB

Hi guys, I m just so pleased with my recent purchases that Iwant to share them with you.

About 3 weeks ago there was a mint UV77MC for sale on an argentinian auctions site. They were asking U$S1500 wich already was an amzing price (I ve bought my first UV77MC for that same price, also in mint condition). It did seem appealing, but I have other things in mind.

THen, a week later, the price dropped to 1000, so it was just to tempting and I bought it (in fact, my best friend who is sill in Buenos Aires, met with the seller and picked it up for me since Im living in mexico for the moment). According to him (I havent met with my new baby yet) this guitar is in equal condition to my other UV77MC. Im travelling to argentina un june, so I might bring one fo the MCs with me to mexico.

Then, theres the other deal.....

I bought a Mint JS1000 (almost unplayed) for U$S700 from a friend (the same guy from Puebla that i ve bought my Jem10 about a year and a half ago.

A week later, today, in fact a few minutes ago, I traded the JS1000 for Jem7BSB in excellent- condition. So, bottom line I bought both the UV77MC and the jem7BSB for 1700!!!!!

Now, I ve got a jem10, 2 UVMCs, a RBM1, a Jem7BSB, a UV777BK, a Pacifica1412 and 2 custom made guitars!

I think thats it, I m not buying anymore!!!! From now on, only trades, but 9 is more than I can store.....

I ll post pictures of them later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 02:51 PM

Ahhh....... (thinks for words) DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
RCB

Well.... I see you are happy for me! :P

Anyway, the only thing I ve noticed on the Jem 7BSB is that the 3rd string buzzes a bit in the 2 fret, and that the inlay of one of the upper frets (I think its 21) is way too deep (probably a factory defect).

As soon as i get home Im going to repair the buzzing, and I ll try to figure out how to fix the problem with the inlay (may be adding a transparent plastic dot over it)
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 05:11 PM

2 MC's now that's hardly fair is it? If feel guilty (which you should) feel free to mail one to me.

:P
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 08:31 PM

Congratulations !!!.. you´re so lucky

i want to see pictures of the BSB..

cheers
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
RCB

I dont know how to insert a jpg here. Someone can help?

By the way.... may be a should feel guilty but I m keeping both of them!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 07:40 AM

to post an image you need to use the img tag. You'll also need somewhere to upload your picture.

Once your picture is uploaded to a website you post pictures like this,

[img] http://image url here [/img]
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:35 AM

I want to see the BSB too, the best JEM ever
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
RCB

OK, but I dont have a site so I dont have anyware to upload. If I found a way Ill post pictures of all my guitars!

BTW, the jem 7BSB is a very nice guitar. There s a guy who may be interested in trading it for an American Master, wich also is an amazing guitar.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Vendor

I'll take pics of the MC's for my UVMC pages

[email protected]
Rich is online  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 10:01 PM

Life's certainly hard for this guy, isn't it folks? - All those Jems, and only 24 hrs in one day! :P
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 01:24 AM

Nice catch!

But I somehow doubt you'll be able to stop buying guitars... We're all suckers for that line at some point...
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 05:25 AM

BSB is the best! Of my high end axes (BSB, BFP and PGM90HAM) it gets definitely most playing. I wouldn't trade it for VWH or VSBL either.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
RCB

Well, I think I m insane. I m not really rich, its just that I LOVE guitars. I restained the BSB (because the stained had some wear). I used the process described in projectguitar.com and it turned out very well (I wish I had a way to upload pictures of it).

Rich, I can email you pictures of the MCs to the effect of the MKRs and ATDs discussion. They arent very good though since I have then¿m in Argentina and the pictures I have here in Mexico are pretty small (about 70K).

Do you think it would be wise to swap the BSB for the American Master (wich has ebony fingerboard, neck through body construction, mahogany back with quilter maple sides and birds eye maple center, all with a light purple clearcoat)?

The owner loves this guitar (so did I! ) and he will be expecting a some cash plus the BSB (wich he really liked, and sounds better due to the pickups)

Tags
ebony fingerboard , upper fret , upper frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode