Why a Jem??? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Unhappy Why a Jem???

Ok, I really REALLY want a jem. have been for a long time.but i need to convince my parents why the jem is so great.they need good reasons. anyone want to write me some things to tell my parents and uncle why the jem is so great. because im too shy to say whats on my mind. please help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 05:54 PM

Re: Why a Jem???

cause vai plays em... lol no dont say that haha, if any1 in your family also plays guitar, make them play a jem at your guitar center(if there is one) and they will see the power, thats what i did to my dad lol, its hard to convince parents sometimes, ive been trying to get an amp that isnt soo bluesy for like a year but my dad doesnt think that amps sound different. so idk what the best way to convince them is if they dont play guitar
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 06:18 PM

If you need help convincing them why a Jem is 'great' then why do you want one?
post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 06:34 PM

its got a handle cut in it!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahah dnt say that
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 07:25 PM
rya

because they are cosmetically amazing, amazing in tone, and the playability is insane! also gotta love the floating trem if your a crazy whammy bar guy.
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 07:41 PM

Lightbulb Re: Why a Jem???

Hi,

Cut a deal with your parents and give them something in return they would like form you (good grades or whatever). Your petition is the same as asking for a Ferrari, when a beat-up Buick would do fine to take you from A to B.

The craft is not in the JEM, it is in you.

Regards,

D.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:05 PM

You could use my phrase, " This instrument reeks of professional." also point out that no other guitar can compare in all aspects.

Good luck Ethan.
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:19 PM

but a parent will say looks just like that one realy and has 6 strings , that one (lets say jackson esp whatever) is cheaper , then the dude in the shop plays it it sounds cool and you folks say thats lovly get that . easy answer save all your cash get a part time job and then buy it yourself
was easy with my dad he was a guitarist i wanted a good fender to start playing on thats what i got , i did have to pay for it though .
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:27 PM

Here's what you do:

1. Have your parents drive you to a guitar store.
2. Find a Jem in there......
3. Play the Jem and show your parents what it does to you.
4. Tell your mom you'll write her a song on it and play it JUST for her if you can have it.
5. Get tears in your eyes and express with every SINGLE ounce of passion in your SOUL what the Jem does to you, ex: I've never felt this way before! I will never need a wife if I have this Jem! It makes me breathe! I'm in love with it! I can express myself through it.. Can't you see?

Or.. get down on your hands and knees and beg.

Good luck my friend!!!

~ Katrina
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:45 PM

Maybe some key questions to ask you would help us better understand.
How long have you been playing guitar?
How much did the guitar you have now cost?
Is your parents reason for not wanting to get you a Jem do to cost?
How old are you? Is it feesible for you to earn some money and maybe put up half the costs to show them how serious you are about wanting a Jem?
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:49 PM

Thumbs up Re: Why a Jem???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya View Post
because they are cosmetically amazing, amazing in tone, and the playability is insane! also gotta love the floating trem if your a crazy whammy bar guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem#5150
You could use my phrase, " This instrument reeks of professional." also point out that no other guitar can compare in all aspects.
These statements pretty much sum it up short and sweet. I've got some nice guitars and I've played many a great one. I think my JEM7vwh is one of the best electric guitars ever made. To repeat everyone - it's got the looks, it's got monster tone and versatility, it looks killer, and the playability really is insane. My JEM resonates like no other electric guitar I've ever played. It feels alive and sounds killer. It's a pro guitar.
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina View Post
Here's what you do:

1. Have your parents drive you to a guitar store.
2. Find a Jem in there......
3. Play the Jem and show your parents what it does to you.
4. Tell your mom you'll write her a song on it and play it JUST for her if you can have it.
5. Get tears in your eyes and express with every SINGLE ounce of passion in your SOUL what the Jem does to you, ex: I've never felt this way before! I will never need a wife if I have this Jem! It makes me breathe! I'm in love with it! I can express myself through it.. Can't you see?

Or.. get down on your hands and knees and beg.

Good luck my friend!!!

~ Katrina

Before you do #3, pick up another guitar and just play TERRIBLE then pick up the Jem and rip out some sweet music. Then you can show how much better it is sounds
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpenguins View Post
Before you do #3, pick up another guitar and just play TERRIBLE then pick up the Jem and rip out some sweet music. Then you can show how much better it is sounds
Good Idea! Anyway what is there to feel shy to say what's on your mind amazinazian?
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:33 PM

Shouldn't the phrase be "this instrument reeks of professionalism"? No matter what.... that's a cool phrase.

Yeah you need to ask yourself why you want one, if your parents can afford it ask for a loan... show them some RESPONSIBILITY
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:15 PM

you could say it like that. i meant it in that it reeks in all aspects and everything related to professional. so everyhting professional is that guitar. so it reeks of professional.

i like professionalism too. gotta add that to my vocabulary.

Tags
dean markley , electric guitar , fat strat , finger board , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , jackson soloist , joe satriani , les paul , lotus feet , maple fret , maple fretboard , playing guitar , sam ash , solid state amp , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode