Why must Steve Vai's guitars tempt me??!!??? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Why must Steve Vai's guitars tempt me??!!???

Not only is there a sweet DY at a local store, now my friend's bandmate is selling a great UV777BK for $500!!! It's in near perfect shape, with just playing swirls for defects. God hates me. I'm really trying to save up for a house and I've really been doing better fighting my GAS. But this UV is really tempting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 06:37 PM

If it was me, I'd grab that UV for $500, if it's in as good condition as you say.

You can always turn it around for a profit on Ebay (or elswhere) if you don't like it...then you'll have money for a Jem

~Kenny
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 08:44 PM

Reviews: 11
I think Kenny has a good point. If you don't want it..I'll buy it. I've been looking for one for over a year. I'll give ya $600 for it. A guaranteed $100.

-CD
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 10:33 PM

Haha, I know your pain. I just got my first Jem recently, and I am already scheming for the next one. These guitars are addictive, especially if you read this site a lot.

Lee
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 12:10 AM

Re: Why must Steve Vai's guitars tempt me??!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim
my friend's bandmate is selling a great UV777BK for $500!!!

Don't even think about it, get that thing!!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Haha, I know your pain. I just got my first Jem recently, and I am already scheming for the next one. These guitars are addictive, especially if you read this site a lot.
Just what I think as well. Bought my first JEMs a couple of weeks ago and Iīm already saving up to my next, probably a DBK or some kind of "swirled" one.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 03:45 AM

TAKE IT and I'd buy it for 550$... that's the way to save up 50$ for your next house
Ok, be serious, take it and you won't regret it... It's a Steve Vai guitar's!!!!!!!!!!!

JS
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 06:16 AM

Reviews: 1
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!? I payed 1800 dollars for my UV777BK without case (Europe)! 500 is a most awesome bargain. First buy, then sell it if you have to but this is a offer you can't pass if you got the money. Always other people with the luck...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:02 AM

I hate to be the voice of reason here, but having bought a house within the past 2 years is the BEST decision I've ever made. Period. Once I got the house, then I could afford to start picking up the guitars I wanted.

The UV777BK is a nice guitar, but owning it will likely not bring you the satisfaction that coming home to your own place will bring you. I'd rather have a house than an apartment and a guitar.

Then again, buying the UV at that price and sellling it could get you even more money for your house...

Of course, that's my $0.02.

--B
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:12 AM

I completly agree with bduersch. But chances are that after you buy the UV, you can't part with it.

But concidering what building a house costs, I'm sure you can afford to buy a guitar for $500.

Whatever you do, good luck!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 12:17 PM

I'm happy with my apartment and all my guitars. Better to have lots of play things, because your house and everything else will eventually crumble into the ground, along with the rest of civilization, as in about 5 billion years or so the sun will expand and the earth will be destroyed and nothing will exist regardless... so I say splurge and buy the guitar. Nothing lasts forever.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
I'm leaning towards getting it. But I don't know if I can come up with the cash anytime soon. I've been paying all my "extra" cash to my credit card balance. I guess I could chuck my next check into it. I don't know.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 01:44 PM

Of course, another good argument is that once you have the house, you'll probably be able to play the guitar a lot louder without disturbing the neighbors!

--B
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduersch
Of course, another good argument is that once you have the house, you'll probably be able to play the guitar a lot louder without disturbing the neighbors!

--B
Amen! That was the best thing I experienced with my recent new-home-ownership. Finally being able to turn my amp up past '2'.
Not to mention being able to have thundering bass pour out of the entertainment system. I'd been waiting forever to do that!

You must buy the UV now, or you'll be kicking yourself in the future.

-Ben
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:27 PM

Re: Why must Steve Vai's guitars tempt me??!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim
Not only is there a sweet DY at a local store, now my friend's bandmate is selling a great UV777BK for $500!!! It's in near perfect shape, with just playing swirls for defects. God hates me. I'm really trying to save up for a house and I've really been doing better fighting my GAS. But this UV is really tempting.
WHAAAAA.......???!!! Dude, if you don't buy that guitar, PLEASE put me in touch with the guy. I can NOT afford $500 right now, but i'll just sell my left kidney on e-bay or something.

Actually, please buy it, so i don't have to go back into debt or kick myself for passing up on it.

Man... i hate it when i hear about this stuff...

Tags
music store , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode