Why no stock PAF Joe Mo'Joe guitar? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Why no stock PAF Joe Mo'Joe guitar?

Considering it's been roughly five years since the Mo'Joe I don't get why there hasn't been a PAF Joe Mo'Joe guitar put out. I get that the 2008 guitars were commemorating the old days but still. I think a new color and a Joe Mo'Joe would look nice next to the JS1000 and the JS1200. Any thoughts? Just an idea.

JS1600 and JS2400 are great options though don't get me wrong. I just don't get why everyone has to switch out this pickup combo on their own.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 10:40 AM

Re: Why no stock PAF Joe Mo'Joe guitar?

Actually, the JS2400 does come with a Mo' Joe in the bridge and that's the newest model currently available. So if a new color of the "normal" 22-fret model were introduced, I suspect it would come with the Mo' Joe/PAF Joe combo.

Personally, I love the Fred in my 1200 and have felt no need to swap it out. If I were to acquire a second JS, I may install a Mo' Joe in it just for kicks, but I don't see that happening any time soon regardless.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Reviews: 21

Joe and Larry Dimarzio want you to buy their pickups twice.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

i agree. JS1200 is great. But I also have the Mo'Joe in another guitar and they are both good and different. I just think considering that combination has been favored and used by Joe for a while now they could load one up with it. And yes they want me to buy their pickups, but if I bought a new guitar that would cost even more.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 04:21 AM

The White JS im building is getting this combo
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 11:02 AM

Reviews: 59

I don't know, I personally haven't found a need to swap out the Fred. I've played a Mo'Joe and didn't think it was all that different from the Fred. Considering how similar the JS1000 already is to the 1200, I don't see them offering all three at the same time either.

Still, it would be sweet if they could do a few more colors for the 1000/1200 or make the pickups you install, be they a PAF Pro, Fred, Joe, Mo'Joe customizable....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

I agree. I think it's more that Joe has been hyping the Joe Mo'Joe as his new deal for a while. So I guess that's the reason everyone switches to those and not the sound. I still think that PAF Joe FRED is the best combo. I guess it's more a marketing thing. So many people here are going for that combo, why, because that's what Joe says he uses. So by that rationale, I think they could sell a few guitars with that rationale as well.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth55 View Post
Still, it would be sweet if they could do a few more colors for the 1000/1200 or make the pickups you install, be they a PAF Pro, Fred, Joe, Mo'Joe customizable....
Such as a JS1000 with Mo'Joe, PAF Joe, AANJ and flip-flop finish.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 04:35 PM

Reviews: 3

The Mo Joe DOES sound different from the FRED, but I like them both the same.. Both are great pickups. One isn't "better" then the other. The FRED sounds smoother and has less high end at low volumes. The Mo Joe screams more when you crank it, IMHO

Tags
jss , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode