Why is it "Unknown" how many 77BRMR's were made? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Why is it "Unknown" how many 77BRMR's were made?

Anything I've ever seen is that it is 'Unknown' how many JEM 77BRMR (The Bad Horsie Mirrored Jem) were made. Is that true? Does anyone have a guess if so? Or is that impossible to know?

Also, is it unknown because they truly don't know or is it unknown because they don't want us to know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Why is it "Unknown" how many 77BRMR's were made?

It 'used' to be because no-one bothered to actually keep track. Units were ordered, manufactured, shipped and sold, but allegedly, Hoshino/fujigen didn't bother to add everything up.

These days, the probably just can't be bothered to put the info into the form that would be redacted enough to release.
jono is online  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Vendor

Hoshino keeps very good records or we wouldn't have the production numbers we do. They have no reason to tell us though. It's not like private companies need to report production statistics, they don't, so we don't get them. They do give us statistics on Limited Editions and honestly that's enough for me.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 07:02 PM

Reviews: 21

Yup!
There's no way they don't know how many units of each guitar is made. That's just silly from a business perspective. I'm sure they know exactly how much in material comes in and how many guitars go out the door.
There's just no reason to broadcast that information though outside of limited editions, where such a count is relevant.
I would also bet good money that Hoshino keeps better data than most musical instrument companies.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Cool, I thought I'd read on here that Hoshino hadn't 'kept' records which is very counter intuitive from what I have seen ofJapanese business culture.

That Hoshino won't tell anyone who doesn't need to know is very typical of what I've seen.
jono is online  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 05:15 AM

Well they had to have had records to know when the 77,777 production landmark was, right...?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 10:10 AM

One of my favourite Jems of all time. I could comb my hair with it!

Tags
ibanez , jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode