Why won’t the JS4 sell?? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

I don’t want it... I was just curious why a rare js4 has just been sitting on the market yet you look at IbanezRules Koch js collection and they all sold.. some at $17k I think.. but that was a Donnie! That’s my dream guitar .. Always has been since I saw it in the wall @ Daddy’s junky music 25 years ago for $1800. I was a kid, I was lucky to have $180. It was hanging right next to a universe that had an S on the back of the neck. Workers couldn’t figure out why it was a second ..
So they made
300 js3?
20 js4?
?? js5??
There’s a red js1 on reverb that says it’s 1 of 20..
Attached Images
File Type: png D54C5B37-33D6-4C7A-831F-F4BC9760981D_1544623050147.png (499.5 KB, 94 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 11:20 AM
Vendor

Re: Why won’t the JS4 sell??

300 is ridiculous, comes out of Tony Bacons book. There are maybe 60.
Rich is online  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 12:28 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: Why wont the JS4 sell??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
JS4's are the least desirable of the 3, even in rare numbers. At some point someday it should be worth that but it's just not today.
I wonder what your proto JS4 would bring? Outside of a particular donnie you have, that's the coolest graphic on a guitar I ever saw hands down.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Not sure if you arranged them this way on purpose but I think that the first two at the top are easily the best of the lot.

On special edition pricing, in general what's I've seen over the years, prices dip down for a period on a lot of things and then slowly rebound as there are fewer in circulation. JS3's and 5's seem to be the only thing to really cross the $9k mark.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:49 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Not sure if you arranged them this way on purpose but I think that the first two at the top are easily the best of the lot.

On special edition pricing, in general what's I've seen over the years, prices dip down for a period on a lot of things and then slowly rebound as there are fewer in circulation. JS3's and 5's seem to be the only thing to really cross the $9k mark.
I just arranged them by type, but I do own the second down because I liked it alot

DNA's and EVO's have certainly crossed that mark.
Rich is online  
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:51 PM

Wonder if there was a reasoning behind Joe re-using the same design ideas in various colours on these?
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:54 PM

I think id skip: The first four (the little round squiggles.... all the eye ball ones.... the ones where the figures are drawn long ways, and the black/white ones...... but, Id be happy with any of the others
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
DNA's and EVO's have certainly crossed that mark.
I've seen that, although lately they seem to be off their peak, hence the $9k comment.

EVO is a good example of what I'm saying. Took a long time to sell out completely at $7,777. Basically if you wanted one you could have it. Then a dip in price, then not too long after prices went above the original ask.
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
I've seen that, although lately they seem to be off their peak, hence the $9k comment.

EVO is a good example of what I'm saying. Took a long time to sell out completely at $7,777. Basically if you wanted one you could have it. Then a dip in price, then not too long after prices went above the original ask.
Almost every new issue takes a dip, if you don't remember when you could buy a DNA for under $3000, I bought 2 out of Japan for $2500 each. But I don't see any good ones slipping. They sell at how good they are and there are always buyers waiting for good ones. There are plenty that don't exactly excite the senses and those will sell for less than competitive pricing.
Rich is online  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 08:16 PM

Youre talking swirls now. Id expect far more variability. I was speaking more generally. Every EVO was theoretically the same.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 08:49 PM
Vendor

Yes, but there have been several sold over 10k, the only variability is "is it new" [you can tell] and how bad the seller needs money.
Rich is online  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 03:03 AM

Quote:
JS4's are the least desirable of the 3, even in rare numbers. At some point someday it should be worth that but it's just not today.
The idea of being "the least desirable of the 3" is interesting. It means there is a hierarchy which is really hard to change, but it also means the value of one affects the value of the others. There does not seem to be many other instances where 3 unique versions of the same guitar were made at the same time. In 30 years, the P&W UV's might qualify but I feel that was not the same thing. We will find out in 20 - 30 years.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 04:31 AM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Every 25th, first is an anniversary model, there are many less, and each is very unique except there are 2 circles graphic, all the rest are very individual. All the 2's are formulaic, that pattern was repeated 6 times [or 8] and just colored and filled in different. There's a set of blocks, eyeballs, etc. I organized them all on a page long ago, it's easy to see what I'm talking about. Find 2 25th's that mirror each other [besides the circles]

IBANEZ JSART2 GALLERY - JOE SATRIANI

And black always trumps white.
Were the 25th’s Sugi built?
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 04:41 AM
Vendor

The only Sugi JS id the Blackdog.
Rich is online  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
The idea of being "the least desirable of the 3" is interesting. It means there is a hierarchy which is really hard to change, but it also means the value of one affects the value of the others. There does not seem to be many other instances where 3 unique versions of the same guitar were made at the same time. In 30 years, the P&W UV's might qualify but I feel that was not the same thing. We will find out in 20 - 30 years.
Sure, LNG, SK, DY, DY being the least desirable, LNG the most.
Rich is online  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode