woohoo! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

woohoo!

Jeff Loomis signed my Universe! (Nevermore's guitarist and main songwriter). hes such a great guitar player. hes one of my favorites if not my faveorite guitarist ever. him and Fredrik Thordenal are my fave guitarists of all time. Jeff is also my neighbor. heh. too bad hes moving this weekend. im kind of his new computer tech. lmao. he wants me to build him a new pc soon, and help him set up a home studio when he gets to his new place. any of you guys know of that software that meshuggah uses??[/list][/code]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 03:59 AM

That's cool as he||!! Wouldn't mind his signature(and a few others) on m 7 string.. Can't wait for their next record..
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

yeah, he told me he wont be using his 7 strings on his new record! what a bummer. he will be tuning down to C on six string guitars though.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 07:49 AM

I would let no one sign my UV or Jem except Steve Vai!

Actually my UV777BK was signed by Steve! :P
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 07:59 AM

I don't let anyone write on my things.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 08:54 AM
dex

Yeah that's what I was thinking about signatures.

I mean you won't get Michael Schumacher or Luca Di Montezemolo write on your new shiny Ferrari, would you???

It just makes no sence to me having people pupousfully write on YOUR instrument.
The same with autographs.
I mean autographs??? Why??? Who cares???

"Oooo I have a little piece of paper that says "Steve Vai" on it."
I don't get it.

A photo with Steve.....yeah, little paper with "Steve" written on it......what's the point???

Also dude, since you live next door to Jeff get a photo of you both, it's tons better than signed Universe.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabin
I would let no one sign my UV or Jem except Steve Vai!
Me too. It's like getting Zakk Wylde's LesPaul signed by Ted Nuggent...It just doesnt work. If it's a signature guitar, you get the guy's sig on it. Not someone elses. Or at least, that's how I look at it. But for an RG, anyone is good
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Well, Jeff is like my favorite guitarist, i sure wouldnt want him to sign my strat, it would be a waste of a autograph, heh. if he signed just a piece of paper its like "yeah, i have a piece of paper with his signature on it, and so does the UPS guy." big whoop. but him signing my instrument was cool as hell. he played a bunch of cool riffs on it too, and shredded like mofo. its a lot more personal than having him sign paper.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 02:00 AM

Yup, I'm with Insecticide completely on this one.. Even better that you had Jeff playing your guitar, I'd love to meet him in person..

Every time you see that sig, you'll remember him shredding on your guitar..

For some of us here, Vai isn't king of the hill.. I'd personally rather have Jeff, or James Murphy, sign my guitar, over Vai.. No dis on Steve, but he's just not my fav player..
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 12:38 PM

Fredrick uses Cubase on a Mac.
I had the pleasure of meeting Meshuggah a couple weeks ago.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

cool, at meshuggah.net i saw screenshots of them using NUENDO though! which is basicly cubase with a few extras though. the universe isnt a true sig model, it doesnt have his name on it...and he rarely uses them anymore. and like toshiro said, steve is not god to everyone. sure hes one of the best soloists around, i dont really like his songs. same goes for satch. Jeff has the best of both worlds, he can shred a guitar into bits, and he can write great songs. now i must meet Fredrik Thordenal and have him sign it too! and Dino Cazares. heheh.

Tags
dino cazares , jeff loomis , signature guitar , steve vai , string guitars , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode