Woohoo! I ordered the UV777BK! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Woohoo! I ordered the UV777BK!

Woke up this morning and felt a strange sensation. I had looked at my savingsaccount yesterday and had a lot of dough there, but that was meant to be for studying. But since my school is payed for by my employer now... Got up, got dressed and went to my local guitarshop. "Hey Marty, can I help ya?" the owner said. And before I knew it, it just streamed out: "order me a UV777BK!". I always feel nervous about getting a new guitar, and especially now because I still think 1900 dollars is a lot of money. But it will be in a week or so. I'm so excited!

Just one thing: why aren't all high-end Ibanez guitars shipped with a case... Only the jazzguitars come with a case. Now I have to order a case seperately, wich I think is bullsh*t on a $2100 list guitar. It should come with one.

Anyways, when I get it I'll tell ya how I like it. I never owned a 7 string and played one only once for 10 minutes (A 7680 LTD-1) so I;m really curious how the transition will be. I never even saw a UV777BK in real life! It will look killer next to my Jem90HAM i'm sure...

Just had to share...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 10:18 AM

Spectacular looking guitar! Congrats
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 03:18 PM

Reviews: 30
Way to go man! I should be getting me one soon too! 7's are actually very easy to switch to, plus if you have bigger hands, it may feel more natural to you than a 6 because of the extra width.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 04:05 PM

Ahh, dit is je post dus...
Gefeliciteerd dan maar weer
Om alle buitenlanders te jennen is het altijd leuk om in het Nederlands te gaan posten
Je ziet dat ik hier nogal veel info probeer in te winnen...
Veel mensen met Ibanezverstand en vooroordelen hier
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 02:21 AM
nvn

Good move! The UV777BK is a spectacular instrument. I got mine 5 months ago or something like that (thanks Rich!), and it's almost a religious experience to open the case for the first time. Such a beautiful guitar! I have a UV7BK as well, and I think it's a huge difference between those two...I like my old UV7BK but the UV777BK is really something extra. I can't think of anything at all I would like to change on that instrument...in any aspect whatsoever.

And (as previously stated in this thread) don't worry about the transition from six strings to seven. Sure, it's gonna feel a little odd at first, but you'll be using the seventh string in your soloing sooner than you think.

Bon appétit or something.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 11:45 AM

If you've never seen a UV777BK that's better.The surprise factor will be higher. The high gloss finish, the lining, the pyramids, the logo... You can't imagine how good it looks.

BTW I got mine a year ago by ordering through the local dealer and it came with a UV100MC case. Since Ibanez will already be shipping the guitar inside a case, it should not be an extra. Maybe you should talk the 'case' case over with the shop.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mmm... The shopowner said that the guitars are shipped in a carton... I looked on the distributors price-list and there it said that only Ibanez Jazzguitars are delivered with a case. Should I bring this up? Since the distributor doesn't deliver these with a case, but most people seem to get a case with it.....
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 02:06 PM

Reviews: 30
Ask Rich Harris, he should probably be able to help you with any questions regarding an Ibanez and the way it comes from the distributer.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 02:20 PM
Vendor

I can only speak to the US. The distributors will ship uncased but [at least is the case with Chesbro] if it isn't ordered with the case they will not be responsible for any shipping claim that may occur. It would be foolish if Hoshino didn't follow this as well.

Courjan - just because you got a case with yours doesn't mean they gave it to you, you paid for it. It's up to the individual dealer to sell as they wish, if they price the guitar including case, not including case is entirely up to them. The distributor doesn't give away cases on ANY model except with very rare exception, typically special limiteds where the case is part of the "package", ie. 10's, 90's, Y2K's, etc.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders_destium
Ahh, dit is je post dus...
Gefeliciteerd dan maar weer
Om alle buitenlanders te jennen is het altijd leuk om in het Nederlands te gaan posten
Je ziet dat ik hier nogal veel info probeer in te winnen...
Veel mensen met Ibanezverstand en vooroordelen hier
Ook altijd leuk als sommige het ook kunnen lezen , veel mensen met verstand well, maar soms kunnen ze ook over de onnozelste dingen ruzien

Metal Marty, Nice guitar, Order a case with it, or see if your dealer will throw one in. In fact, make him throw one in, otherwise ask for a refund and order one of rich harris (ibanez rules banner above) instead. Seriously. Don't let people get away with charging you more just because you look like you have enough money to afford whatever.

Veel Geluk en Gefiliciteerd
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

D#mn!! I went to the store that would order it fro me today. It seems that the whole of Eurpoe is fighting over the UV's. Ibanez can't (or won't ) keep up with the demand. If i'm unlucky, I might have to wait till January!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 10:23 AM

Da's serieus erg kut
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmarty
D#mn!! I went to the store that would order it fro me today. It seems that the whole of Eurpoe is fighting over the UV's. Ibanez can't (or won't ) keep up with the demand. If i'm unlucky, I might have to wait till January!
Rich Harris. Get your money back, save some money at the same time and get a fantastic setup job , Don't want to push you, but go to ibanez rules and save yourself the hassle of your local dealer.

Maar dat is inderdaad klote
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

End of the year it will be. So late December, January at the last. I'll wait...

Unfortunately I already ordered it, and since I have a great contact with my dealer, I don't want to cancel the order. Haven't paid anything by the way. But talking of Rich, I live in Holland so it would be a problem getting it through customs and sh*t. Don't know if the price will be as interesting after taxes! But I sure believe he's to be trusted with setting these things up. Maybe in the future with a UVMC?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 02:40 PM

dammit, i've been drooling over UVs for a while...

waiting for a windfall of cash .. :-/ played one yesterday at GC/San Jose again .. walked away very heavy-hearted. then again, i won't be buying it from there

~A

Tags
beautiful guitar , ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode