would you swap ??? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Banned

would you swap ???

morning all.theres a 777dy on fleabay item 160301721828.the guy wants 999 or best offer.the guitar looks ok,but someone has put some stupid stickers all over it (can be removed though) anyways hes interested in swapping for my peavey hp special,this is like spanking brand new with case n candy,you can even smell the wood when you open the case up.i was just wondering can you buy pink bobbin toppers as the ones on this 777dy have faded badly also can you buy green volume,tone knobs.ill probs go ahead with the swap as ive been after a 777dy for 20 years.what do you recon think this jem can be restored to its origanal gorgeous state.rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:54 AM

Re: would you swap ???

hiya buddy hows it going?still after a DY eh?, i know you really hanker for one, i reckon you should go for a DY, if its not that one then another one,ive seen that one on there and if hes agreeing to do a swap the value of the peavey along with the price of the new parts make it worth going for i reckon
happy hunting!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 AM

or you could see what some of the guys on here have, many jem players collect loads of them so, you could sell the Peavey separately and then keep hunting for the ideal one..
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 06:33 AM

Hey man if it were me, and I didn't mind letting the Peavey go i'd jump on that JEM ! i've been after a DY / LNG for ages they're just the icon of 80's shred guitars to me.

I'd go for it but each to their own, if you don't mind replacing the old knobs etc although dings, fades, scratches all give the instrument character

EDIT: Just seen those stickers, they're horrific! She looks in very good condition though. The stickers should come off pretty easily. DO IT DO IT
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockguitar4ever View Post
or you could see what some of the guys on here have, many jem players collect loads of them so, you could sell the Peavey separately and then keep hunting for the ideal one..
hey its my old mate rob.hows it going mate,have you seen the prices now for ebony model 7vwh,gone through the roof.i miss that guitar gorgeous peice of kit,but it couldnt of went to a nicer lad.anyways thanks for the advice rob and shelly,yes ill probs swap i wont die a happy chap until i get my mits on one (fact).ill never forget the day i first seen one,i was in a horrible little workmans club (great beer though) and the guitarist steps out with a mint brand new 777dy the yellow was so vibrant,i was blown away.i hate to see guitars with chips dings,colour fade so the first thing im going to do is tart it up,i know a guy up here, north sheilds (alan brason) hes awsome,ill get him to fit new knobs and bobbin toppers and repair dings.ill post some pics as soon as job is sorted.just hope the guy doesnt back out of the swap at the last minute,thanks again folks.rob
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:05 PM

I'd be aware that many times when you remove the stickers the paint has faded to a different degree below them. Unless your willing to get a complete repaint, you might want to pass on this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaninsjca View Post
I'd be aware that many times when you remove the stickers the paint has faded to a different degree below them. Unless your willing to get a complete repaint, you might want to pass on this.
yes good point,but the stickers are on the scratchplate,the body looks ok
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 01:51 PM

Alright Rob. been awhile. The DY looks in good condition and with a few touch ups you will have a good lucking DY and damn fine instrument, at 999 it's a bit pricey like. Did you see my refinished JEM SK?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion_and_Warfare View Post
Alright Rob. been awhile. The DY looks in good condition and with a few touch ups you will have a good lucking DY and damn fine instrument, at 999 it's a bit pricey like. Did you see my refinished JEM SK?
hi dave.aye long time no see,yes i seen your sk,aye very nice but im only after a 777dy from now on, not interested in any other guitars.the swap is off now someone bought that jem.would have to sell this peavey or part ex for a dy.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 11:58 AM

Perhaps some of the stickers are covering something?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode