Is this wrong?? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Is this wrong??

Ok, I need some advice.....I have a Jem777LNG #54, and I have really fallen in love with the way it plays, thing is I really want a swirl, and I don't see myself having the money in the near future to purchase another Jem and get it swirled....Likely, no chance of me ever affording a real factory swirl, which is fine...My LNG is in players condition, the signature is on there, but just barely under a layer of poorly done clearcoat...Am I crazy to have this guitar swirled? It's not a collectors guitar, but isnt in bad shape either....I really like the LNG color scheme and the signature, but I really want a swirl.....any suggestions would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 03:29 PM

If you swirl it, you're nuts! Just keep it as is, and buy a dinged up 777DSY. There are tons of them and they are reasonably priced. Then you get that swirled.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

That's what I'm thinking......I just read my post and I must be nuts....I've seen quite a few LNG's in the past few monthes on eBay and around the web, and mine is in considerably good shape.....Thanks for the fast reply......
That's a great idea with the 777DY.....

Thanks a bunch!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 04:20 PM

You used to be able to find Florals for the same price as the other older Jems. I'd watch for a beat up Floral and have it swirled, although you won't have the pyramid inlays, you'll still be better off with a rear routed swirl.

My .02.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
I think Kirk has the right idea. Save up for a cheap used Floral, or if you just want "A" swirl, a used RG, you can find RG770's for just a few hundred bucks, or even go for a cheap USA custom USRG or even an RG3120 that seem to be on Ebay for a bargain these days
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 04:57 PM

Re: Is this wrong??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatchVai69
Ok, I need some advice.....I have a Jem777LNG #54, and I have really fallen in love with the way it plays, thing is I really want a swirl
You've hit the nail on the head here as far as I'm concerned.

Who cares whether it is green, red, blue, yellow....

If you like the axe and it plays well and you want it swirled then go for it.
It might be an LNG, but so what? To me it's just a green Jem.
If you're looking for a good resale value then keep it as is, but from what you've said you like to play it and want a finish you prefer.

Having said this, just bear in mind that you could sell it for another Jem and get that swirled and still break even.

Personally I say do what your gut says.

Steve
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 05:10 PM

Spend $250 on a replacement body, rear routed. Get that swirled and add your hardware and neck to the replacement body. That's what I recommend.

Gabe
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 05:40 PM

Here's the big question: Would you ever sell this guitar, swirled or not? If not, then do whatever you want with it, it's yours! If you'd ever consider selling it, I'd say keep it as is as much as possible.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 07:16 PM

check your PM dude!!!!!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 10:10 PM

do it
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 03:57 AM

Don't ever do that!!!!
In my dream I would like to have a jem lng... Don't let make one being destroy...
I think the idea of a jem dy is the good choice...

Tell us what you'll do!

JS
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Nickelson
Spend $250 on a replacement body, rear routed. Get that swirled and add your hardware and neck to the replacement body. That's what I recommend.

Gabe
Ooh Ooh YEAH... Do what Gabe said I hadn't thought of that solution!!!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 01:30 PM

As much as I'd hate to see a Jem taken "out of the loop" (in case you ever needed to sell it-that LNG is no longer available) for future owners.......it's your guitar, do what you like. A jem was meant to played, loved, and appreciated. Monetarily speaking, your guitar is worth more with a few dings on it than it would be if you completely restored the finish. Just put a lot of thought into it before you do anything.

Mike 777 Haug
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 01:39 PM
EKG

DON'T DO IT!!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 01:41 PM

I would suggest contacting that blue and yellow banner up top about a body EKG I believe Eddie calls himself hehehe

Tags
jem lng , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode