02 RG570L Issues and Info! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

02 RG570L Issues and Info!

I just picked up a 2002 RG 570L MIJ. This is my first post 91 Ibanez and well, it's been at least a couple years since I've even had any Ibanez guitar. While I absolutely love how the guitar plays and looks, I've ran into a couple problems. After I got it, the first thing I did was yanked the TRS bridge and dropped in a Gotoh lic. Floyd I had sitting around. Here's problem #1. The string lock screws are to long. If I go to intonate properly, the screws hit the back edge of the trem route. Routing the guitar is not an option at this point and I absolutely will not go back to the TRS bridge. I also tried and OFR w/ the same issue.

Anyone know where I can find someone to make shorter lock screws?

The other issue I'm having is the hardware. It has the powder cosmo H/W on it, the gotoh is flat black. Not jiving together at all. Tuners and knobs will be cake to find, I'm concerned w/ finding a locknut that matches the fretboard radius in black. Anyone have any ideas?

Normally this stuff would be crawling out of the woodwork, but I'm a lefty, so that makes it a bit more complicated.

I'm also interested to know a little bit more about these guitars. Are they good quality? I read somewhere that they were the predecessor to the prestige 1570L. Is that true?

Thanks for any input guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Vendor

Re: 02 RG570L Issues and Info!

I believe you'll find it's a 470L or lower. No 570 ever had a TRS on it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
I believe you'll find it's a 470L or lower. No 570 ever had a TRS on it.
Sorry for the confusion then. It's stamped 570 on the neck heel so I just took that as the model # of it. I bought it used so there is the possibility that someone pieced it together....
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Vendor

What was the body stamped?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
What was the body stamped?
I'll check that out tomorrow. I have to take it apart again to shim the neck pocket. I'll even snap some pix off!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:33 PM

warmoth has locking nuts
http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/part...de_string_nuts

I just replaced the lo-trs II on my S470L a couple weeks ago with a lefty OFR. not sure where u can find shorter screws for the floyd, maybe try e*** for a used trem and use the parts from that

Tags
fretboard radius , locking nut , locking nuts , string lock , trs bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode