06 ibanez's!!! - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 07:33 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: 06 ibanez's!!!

They should make the pictures bigger I want to see details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordhauser
What has Ibanez come to? **** no.
Ibanez is split

They have Vai, Satriani, Gilbert, etc.

Then they have Head and Munky and Mick 7 signature models...

Someone needs to give Dave Murray or Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden a Jem and get them to do sig models
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5
Someone needs to give Dave Murray or Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden a Jem and get them to do sig models
+1

post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 10:52 PM

You have to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NEW JEMS!!!!! I knew I would be disappointed!!!! The 555 and that ugly black thing, we should boycott Ibanez.
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyconxero
That Mick sig model looks to be a waste of money, IMO. The fretboard looks to be rosewood, and that ugly seven inlay just detracts from the entire thing. It'll probably be listed at about $2200 so it just seems like a big waste of money. The reverse headstock and the color is kind of cool but it would be cheaper to buy an RGT and just add EMGs to it.
Alot cheaper and you wouldn't get that horrible inlay. I like the colour, the binding and reverse headstock, and the EDGE FX bridge, but thats it. Not only is Mick Thompson a complete (insert violence curse/insult here), he bags out 7-stringers like me just cause he isnt talented enough to play one. They could've given a sig to Marty Friedman instead. Hes lucky that his name isnt on the guitar at all, otherwise i wouldn't even consider buying one.

Pretty dissapointing lineup for 2006 eh? not a single new Prestige RG or RGA, not even a new colour (exept the RG2620 which i don't know anyone whos bought one anyway). Didn't you love how they shoved the RG1527 in the backround? and they wonder why 7-string sales aren't as good as ever. Oh and i don't mean to say i told you so, but i told you the Prestige 8-string wouldn't go into production guys. I'd love to see it but it just would'nt sell, therefore ibanez won't make it. Dino's 8-string is awesome, they should've made that for sig, would have sold more.

And the JEM and JS lineup is just as bad!! no new JEMs or JSs, not even new colours. And now those abminations, the 555 and 333 have made it into the cataloge. ugh.............

This really is sad. Having signatures for Head and Munky was bad enough. Now we have to deal with Mick ''i hate sevens'' Thompson. This sucks.

Last edited by ibanez.shredder; 01-18-2006 at 11:03 PM.
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 11:01 PM

Are you all saying the fx edge is pointless? They have the same thing on the JS2000 and it is great. You have probably never have even played one! I like the MTM minus the inlays.
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Gex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez.shredder
Alot cheaper and you wouldn't get that horrible inlay. I like the colour, the binding and reverse headstock, and the EDGE FX bridge, but thats it. Not only is Mick Thompson a complete (insert violence curse/insult here), he bags out 7-stringers like me just cause he isnt talented enough to play one. They could've given a sig to Marty Friedman instead. Hes lucky that his name isnt on the guitar at all, otherwise i wouldn't even consider buying one.

Unfortunately, they dont hand out signature guitars just for being good.

They give em to the POPULAR artists, who have a huge fanbase and will sell alot of guitars. Its all about MARKETING, and making MONEY. LOTS of money.

Thats why Korn and Mick got signature guitars, its because there are lots of kids out there who dig that stuff, and want to buy a guitar like it. Even if they cant afford the signature model, they got a new hardtail RG that looks JUST like it. . . the kids will buy that instead. Either way, they still rake in buyers, and rake in the dough.

Sad to say, not that many kids know who Marty Freedman is. He isn't the most popular guitar hero at the moment, Mick probably is. (sad, eh?)
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gex
Unfortunately, they dont hand out signature guitars just for being good.

They give em to the POPULAR artists, who have a huge fanbase and will sell alot of guitars. Its all about MARKETING, and making MONEY. LOTS of money.

Thats why Korn and Mick got signature guitars, its because there are lots of kids out there who dig that stuff, and want to buy a guitar like it. Even if they cant afford the signature model, they got a new hardtail RG that looks JUST like it. . . the kids will buy that instead. Either way, they still rake in buyers, and rake in the dough.

Sad to say, not that many kids know who Marty Freedman is. He isn't the most popular guitar hero at the moment, Mick probably is. (sad, eh?)

Since when was Mick Thopsom popular? not in my lifetime. and the Korn guitars? oh yeah they rake in lots of money. In fact they have a horible sales record. Go figure lol

You're absolutly right though. They don't makes signatures just because they are good. They do it cause they sell.
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 11:45 PM

I didn't think the 8 string prestige would actually go into production. Sales figures on it would realistically be in the sub 100's. I'm actually dissappointed that Ibanez didn't bring out the RGT6EX and RG7EX(not that I'd actually buy one), but then again, this *ISN'T* the US catalog so models could very much change (I mean they're not going to release the Jem 555, Jem 333 and PGM 3 over here). Don't give up hope yet guys!!

(hopefully I'll recieve a copy of the Japanese 2006 Ibanez catalog in the mail soon so I can drool over the 2006 JC's if they made any real changes to the lineup)
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 06:34 AM

Thumbs down Re: 06 ibanez's!!!

Its all diet Pepsi and diet Coke to me. Im starting to make my own guitars. The Jems are the biggest dissapointment. Doesnt Ibanez get it? Look at how much the value has increased on used jems. Im starting to see DNA's go for over $5000 and the 10th is gettin up there too. Then when I see Schetcter inlaying the crap out of their necks and bodies and sellin for under $600 it makes me wonder about the marketing integrity of Ibanez. What a joke. Peolple want unique styles, not just some assclowns endorsement on it.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:45 AM

Not starting a flame war here and understand what you guys are saying, but it's the same thing every year. Everybody can't WAIT for NAMM to get here and want "this & that" on all make's of guitars and then (ready?) bitch about what they didn't put out and the PRICES.........I,ll bet you a new Jem it's going to be the SAME thing next year!
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:52 AM

Its just me or the 2006's ibanez production is really really disappointing???
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mclaughlin
Not starting a flame war here and understand what you guys are saying, but it's the same thing every year. Everybody can't WAIT for NAMM to get here and want "this & that" on all make's of guitars and then (ready?) bitch about what they didn't put out and the PRICES.........I,ll bet you a new Jem it's going to be the SAME thing next year!
Exactly, and the fact that people keep expecting tons of new jems, 80s colours, and double-edge equipped roland-ready 8 strings with a sustainer and EMGs doesn't help much.
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:20 PM

they need to reissue all of the pgms T_T
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz
Boy that sucked... only maple board in the whole catalog is the PGM301...

And the 555 comes back... and i dunno whats the black one under it, maybe the 333, but i didnt think they would put it on the catalog...

meh... :/
Will the Jr'.s models be available in the US again ?

Tags
adrian smith , equipped guitar , floyd rose , hardtail bridge , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , inf pickups , iron maiden , kirk hammet , kirk hammett , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , marty friedman , mick thompson , mick thompson model , production model , reverse headstock , signature guitar , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how do ibanez's sound ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode