06 ibanez's!!! - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 PM

Re: 06 ibanez's!!!

The only thing I'm really dissapointed with is how the images are just crappy scans. I'm glad they still have a cheap 7-string in their line-up because that's what I'm looking at next.

They've got some nice new colours and even a HSH and hardtail in the Gio series for the kids!

The Mick Thompson model looks great as well. It's just a shame a lot of people including myself would be put off by the Slipknot association.

Nice PGMs too! I hope the one with INF pickups will be cheapish...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:08 PM

Ibanez's lineup changes very little year to year so for me at least, what ever models I see this year is usually what I'll also see the next year.
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:24 PM

One thing I really don't like about the S520EX is how those pickups look like EMG's but aren't. I reckon they should actually be EMGs or without that cover.
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 03:55 PM

I'm supprised no body has mentioned this yet but there is a new colour Euphoria. Natural finish with an orangey looking vine. Looks like they discontinued the old green one. I think that looks really sweet and I think, if the price is right, may well be my first acoustic purachase.
I don't know why your all so pissed off about not having a new JEM, the mirror one isn't exactly old. It might not be to everyones taste but i'd still consider it a new JEM.
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Oh yeah and what the hell is up with that little ****ty Kirk Hammett thing pissing me off, should at least be someone that plays Ibanez guitars.
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitarium
I don't know why your all so pissed off about not having a new JEM.
We are very needy folks here

AS far as the Orange EP7 - I've seen pics of it. I think it was actually the proto-type.
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 04:10 PM

Boring! Nothing new really, they must be completely out of ideas at Ibanez. The only guitar that lifted my mood little bit was that red RG3120 which wasn't new model or color but it looked hot. Maybe next year then...
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredfreak
Boring! Nothing new really, they must be completely out of ideas at Ibanez. The only guitar that lifted my mood little bit was that red RG3120 which wasn't new model or color but it looked hot. Maybe next year then...
It could be just a financial issue or something, I dunno. I think as it stands Ibanez' current run of guitars caters for a wide range of people, and there's plenty of room for modifications. If they alter their line-up according to public preference it's most likely drawn from how much of a demand there is from the general guitar-buying public (which us dedicated Ibanez fans only make up a small proportion of) for certain guitars, so we can't expect an 8-string or anything us fanatics might want like a re-issue of a model that lasted one year in the late 80s or something.

Also, don't forget the bass section, folks! I spot what looks like an SR306
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeglectedField
It could be just a financial issue or something, I dunno. I think as it stands Ibanez' current run of guitars caters for a wide range of people, and there's plenty of room for modifications.
I think you're right. When you have a company like Ibanez, they have to cater to a wide range of buyers. They make entry level Gio's and also High end JS and Jems, and this year, its projected that they're going to need to work more on their lower end line, hence the reincarnation of that darned Jem Jr's, the MT sig and others. Lets face it, because the people here demand a higher quality, theres a hell of a lot less of us than some young'un who's going to buy a cheapie on a whim and never play it again. Theres a bigger costumer base for cheap instruments.
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTart
I think you're right. When you have a company like Ibanez, they have to cater to a wide range of buyers. They make entry level Gio's and also High end JS and Jems, and this year, its projected that they're going to need to work more on their lower end line, hence the reincarnation of that darned Jem Jr's, the MT sig and others. Lets face it, because the people here demand a higher quality, theres a hell of a lot less of us than some young'un who's going to buy a cheapie on a whim and never play it again. Theres a bigger costumer base for cheap instruments.
Indeed. Though I think Ibanez would make a lot more money making cheap versions of the K7 and MT, because Korn and Slipknot generally appeal to kids, and kids don't tend to have as much money. And they're extremely popular bands. Then if the kid gets bored of Korn/Slipknot or is ashamed to like them it won't be too much of a waste of a guitar if it's gathering dust in his cupboard.
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Thep
Are you all saying the fx edge is pointless? They have the same thing on the JS2000 and it is great. You have probably never have even played one! I like the MTM minus the inlays.
i understand the point of having it but they did discontinue it for reason after such a short run on the JS2000. i don't see why they would try it again with someone that isn't as big as an endorser as Joe and think it will sell with such a big price tag?
it seems only a couple new finishes - the 2620 in blk cubes, blk onyx RGA321 (not sure if we'll see it here thoug) and an RG2570e in blk (again not sure if we'll get them here but they are on the Japan Ibanez site). i hope they don't jack the prices AGAIN with such little new offerings but i'm glad to see they didn't discontinue some of the models i like and would love to get - RGT320Q, RGT220A, RG2570e just to name a few.
we'll get the Rich update soon and all will be told.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:15 AM

Believe me, they jacked the prices.............
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:40 AM

(cursing) Ibanez. i guess they belive their BLANK doesn't stink.
i guess the only real positive is that they didn't move production of the Prestige and Sig series to Korea - smart (non)move on their part.
for what they are charging on some of their high end stuff, i coud have a custom built (RGT320Q - $2K!!!!). Carvin will built almost the same guitar for about $500 less and if you don't get the rounded body sides it looks pretty close. drop in your fav pups and there you go - an extremely close version built exactly how you want and save $500.
i have to say the puzzle tops look cool but again at over $2300 list - jeesh! not a likely candidate for me.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:50 AM

I just posted some pics in the "2006 yes indeedy" thread...check the prices in the background.............
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 12:13 PM

i saw that from Rich's site. hard to fathom that the EP9 is the only real NEW addition to the lineup. last year seems like it was soo much more of a joy to see all the models coming out. i guess they blew their wad last year and couldn't get creative for this years line up.
RG3120 puzzle tops list at $2399!! i thought the shelf price of almost $1500 for the plain maple topped RG3120 was too high already. this is getting sick!

Tags
adrian smith , equipped guitar , floyd rose , hardtail bridge , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , inf pickups , iron maiden , kirk hammet , kirk hammett , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , marty friedman , mick thompson , mick thompson model , production model , reverse headstock , signature guitar , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how do ibanez's sound ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode