1986 Ibanez RG420 ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

1986 Ibanez RG420 ?

I have a 1986 Ibanez RG 420 Roadstar 2! It was bought new in 1986 and has never been played and been in its case! The color was pearl white when purchased but has turned to a nice cream color! The original edge trem and backplate still shine like new! The strings are original and the original hang tags are still on the guitar! The pickups are the original Ibanez pickups with black covers and the volume and tone knobs are the push style! The strap locks are the original V style and the case is the original Ibanez chainsaw case with all the original case candy, warranty card, trem bar, etc inside! What's this guitar worth? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 11:48 PM

Re: 1986 Ibanez RG420 ?

Wow.. I can't say what its worth. But you've got a sweet axe there! Personally I love 'em, but they don't seem to bring high prices on ebay. To the right person it's a real gem!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 12:00 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Wow.. I can't say what its worth. But you've got a sweet axe there! Personally I love 'em, but they don't seem to bring high prices on ebay. To the right person it's a real gem!
^^^THIS^^^

Keeping in mind that your on an Ibanez fanboy site AND the fact that there are very few of us that REALLY appreciate these first year RG's- I could see myself paying upwords of $600 for a guitar like yours.
I've seen one or two '86 RG's go for up to $900, but those were "oddball" guitars with "one-off" finishes.

IMO, in the real world- your going to have a helluva time getting more than $450 for it..... if that. Most people look down on these guitars in favor of the more common, better loved '87 and later RG's.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 08:16 AM

I think $350-400 is normal, given the condition of yours and original case candy, higher end of that. But, as has been said, the desirability of these is niche.

There's a pink 420 on flea bay now with a $700 BIN, which is steep, even though the guitar comes with the original case and appears to be stock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode