1st Ibanez, Starting Proj. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

1st Ibanez, Starting Proj.

Ok so I just got back into guitars and decided to get an Ibanez. I love the look of the rgs. So ended up with a rg350mdx.

Since then I ordered an '01 250dx body off of the bay. Mainly because it has a white pearl pickgaurd I plan to put on the 350mdx. Then I am thinking of refinishing the body, getting a neck and a trem. Then I will have a secondary guitar.

You guys will probably be answering alot of questions in the near future. I am new to this so dont be shy to steer me the right way

Upgrades to come
350 mdx
-white pearl pickguard
-pup's
-CLEAN EVERYTHING

250 dx
-strip and stain
-floyd gotoh
-wizard neck AANJ
-new hardware
-pups

Any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Re: 1st Ibanez, Starting Proj.

New ideas since this is my first build. I want to go on the cheap side, just to make sure I can do this. If it works then I can put a quality guitar together.

I have been looking at some cheaper trems that are Lic under FR on the bay. What do you guys this for my budget build. Not sure if they will fit?

I also was wondering if I could use a jackson neck on my AANJ body?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 12:26 AM

Reviews: 11

a Gotoh should fit, and i would go with that, all their parts are phenomenal!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 01:01 AM

Reviews: 18

A Jackson neck with a square heel won't fit on an AANJ body. If you get a cheap LFC off the bay, then you're not going to be moving up in quality, you're either going to be moving down or sideways(no change) from the Edge III that came on the guitar originally. An OFR from Warmoth is $100 cheaper than an OFR from Floyd rose(I have no clue how that works, but it does), making it only $180.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 01:04 AM

Reviews: 18

If you can't find a neck that fits, you can have one made for you(the 2 neck builders for Ibby's that I know of are Ed Roman and Nat Perle). It's generally not a good idea to mix bolt-on necks/bodies with different brands.

And If you don't already have an idea for pups, then you should know that Ibanez and Dimarzio go together like pancakes and syrup.

Tags
proj.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode