2002 Ibanez RG450 Limited Edition NOS - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

2002 Ibanez RG450 Limited Edition NOS

I found a great travel/beater guitar. In my travels I came across a NOS 2002 RG 450 Limited Edition that was made in Japan for $450. It is a metallic maroon like color. It has a mirror pickguard. It also has a really cool reverse headstock as well. It has the decent V and S series pickups. The store had ordered it 5 years ago and it just never sold. I looked it over and told the sales guy that I was very interested and was hoping they would change the strings and allow me to play it. They gladly agreed and I gave it a go and bought it. It still had the tags and plastic on it. It didn't even have a pick scratch. I feel for the $ I got a great guitar after paying about $1900 for my Jem7WH, $1200 for my JS1000, $1000 for my JS2000, and $700 a piece for the 3 RG1570s (did differant p/u configs in the 3 RG 1570s) - all new. I travel back & forth between the east & west coast. So, based on the investment, I figured the RG 450 would be a great guitar to though in a gig bag as a carry on and take with me when I traveled. I use a Roland Cube 60 as my travel amp. Anyways, I've done some research on this model and wasn't able to find out much. Where it was a limited edition, it would be nice to know how many were made. Also, I've found that some came w/ TRS trems and some came with TRS IIs. I find that odd. It makes me wonder if they were just randomly grabbing one or the other during assembly. Apparently, I got lucky because I have the TRS on mine. I've read it's not as good as the Edge but a lot better than the TRS II and decent enough to use. I'm not going to do any mods. It is what it is and you can't get much better (NEW!) for $450.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Dee

Re: 2002 Ibanez RG450 Limited Edition NOS

There's also an RG450 that came with an Edge Pro, as far as I know.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I've heard a few RG 450s had Edge Pro bridges too. I think with the limited edition ones it was either a TRS or TRS II. I dont think they make the TRS or TRS II bridge anymore. I think the new "cheapy" is the Edge III. My understanding is that it falls in between a TRS & TRS II. It's apparently better than a TRSII but not as good a TRS. I would have thought my RG 450 would have had a nicer bridge being a made in Japan guitar. However, they had to do something to justify the pricepoint. So, I understand why. I'll just use it and if a year or so down the road it starts to give me trouble, I'll throw in a Floyd Rose Pro, which apparently is a perfect fit without any needed mods. It would be nice if it holds up and I don't have to spend a couple hundred bucks. Does anyone know off of the top of their head which Floyd Rose Pro is needed as far as R1,R2,R3 etc.? I think it's an issue of nut width. Is it recommended you replace the locking nut while your at it? Is the locking nut that comes on the cheaper trem guitars made of a cheaper metal as well?

Last edited by LynchBox; 04-20-2007 at 10:27 PM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 04:08 AM

i owned a version of 2004, its also a limited series i believe.
its call RG450LTD. its bascially a prestidge, it comes in edge pro, gotoh tuners, mirror pickguard, galaxy black, v7,8 s1 pu. and its even boxed in prestidge packages and accessories
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 12:21 PM

i didnt know 450s were available in prestige edition.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Dee

Here's that 450 with Edge Pro I was talking about:

http://www.ibanezregister.com/Galler...al-rg450gx.htm
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 01:57 PM

i remember that one
i was choosing between that and mine
caz i wanted a white gutiar at that time
but that simple fretboard tuned me off
i ended up buying the galaxy black one but comes in a nicely binded neck and sharktooth

Tags
edge pro bridge , edge pro bridges , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , gotoh tuners , locking nut , reverse headstock , roland cube , trem guitar , trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode