2002 rg570 vs. 2003 rg350dx - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 03:14 PM

Like everyone else is saying, get the 570!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 04:28 AM

i totally agree with all you guys out there! the 570ex is awesome! i just checked it out last few days and the feel is way cool. those new termolos rock. The double shark fin inlays, the neck heel are awesome. sound wise i think it beats most of the other rg's.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:35 PM

Re: 2002 rg570 vs. 2003 rg350dx

Sims Customs does a solid-color refinish for $205. You just remove every piece of hardware and ship the body out. He also does custom colors and fancier stuff for more $$
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Sims Customs does a solid-color refinish for $205. You just remove every piece of hardware and ship the body out. He also does custom colors and fancier stuff for more $$
You resurrected a five year-old thread for an advertisement?????
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:47 AM
bdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by avicenna77 View Post
I'm deliberating about buying a new guitar, and can't decide between the 2002 rg570 vs. 2003 rg350dx. I know of a place where I can get the 2002 rg570 for $370 or the rg350 for $335. I know that the differences in specs between the two and that the rg570, while not in the same league with JEM series models, is generally highly regarded; but I still have a few questions that I hope maybe some of you guys might be able to answer.

FYI, I plan to upgrade the pickups to Dimarzios regardless of which I buy, so the differences in pickups between the two models are not an issue to me.

1) The rg570 is made in Japan, whereas the rg350 is made in Korea. How much of a difference does this really make in terms of tone, playability, intonation, etc.? Is it just a matter of having slightly fewer instances of flaws-per-batch in Japanese-made guitars? Or are the differences pervasive, dramatic and noticeable?

2) The rg570 has the Edge trem, and the rg350 has the Edge Pro II. I'm not sure whether this should be a deciding factor or not - any ideas?

3) The rg570 has a Wizard neck whereas the rg350 has a Wizard II. I haven't come across a Wizard-equipped model yet, but I love the Wizard II's that I have played. I have heard that the Wizard is better - but how much of a difference is there really?

Note: one thing that I think the 2003 rg350dx has going for it is that, IMHO, it looks *way* cooler than the 2002 rg570. I'm a sucker for those sharkfin inlays on the rg350dx and the white paint with pickguard :-). BUT, I realize that any positive feelings I might have about how it looks will be nullified if I hate the way it sounds or can't keep it in tune, etc. :-) I just have a hard time getting excited about the greyish rg570 or the root beer metallic rg570 (by the way, does it really look like black in person? It appears that way in the pictures I've seen).

Thanks in advance!

Get the Japanese made RG570. If you're an Ibanez fan, you won't understand what Ibanez is about at a core level without playing a Wizard I neck, and an original Edge trem. It's the staple of what makes Ibanez great. Keep it. Play it for like a year, and you will NEVER GO BACK. How "different" is it? Well, you will be able to tell. The things, is it will take some time. Ifyou go play both now, you may not notice the subtleties, like wood tone variations. And overall feel of the guitar. But the RG570 is superior at every possible level. DO NOT listen to the "Korean made guitars are just as good". Not true. EVER. Korean Prestige? Junk. Sorry I know, I own one.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:11 AM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdk View Post
Get the Japanese made RG570. If you're an Ibanez fan, you won't understand what Ibanez is about at a core level without playing a Wizard I neck, and an original Edge trem. It's the staple of what makes Ibanez great. Keep it. Play it for like a year, and you will NEVER GO BACK. How "different" is it? Well, you will be able to tell. The things, is it will take some time. Ifyou go play both now, you may not notice the subtleties, like wood tone variations. And overall feel of the guitar. But the RG570 is superior at every possible level. DO NOT listen to the "Korean made guitars are just as good". Not true. EVER. Korean Prestige? Junk. Sorry I know, I own one.
There's a huge possibility he might have already bought either one of these, sold it, got the other, sold it again, quit guitar and took up an exotic form of woodwind playing, where one places a clarinet in his ass and blows five years of dusty crap at people along side meaningful notes. Hmm, the combination is so tasty, yet no one will care :P
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 06:49 PM

I personally have the Ibanez RG350DX, With an Evo Bridge Pickup (I left the neck alone when I got it because I knew in the future I am going to buy a sustainer) well that was a year ago, and Monday I'm ordering the Fernandes FSK-401 Sustainer Kit.

As for the EDGE III Tremolo. I tightened my screws up so the trem sits back (not sunken) but back. So I cannot pull my bar back but I can still do amazing divebomb screams to where the strings are floppy peices of metal - and It stays in tune perfectly. In the future I will probably buy an Original Floyd Rose, because the EDGE PRO does not retro fit the EDGE III Cavity.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 01:50 AM

i cant believe someone answered a 5 year old question!!!

Tags
cosmo hardware , darren wilson , edge iii trem , edge pro trem , edge pro trems , edge trem , evo bridge , evo bridge pickup , ibanez dealer , ibanez models , jumbo frets , korean guitar , local guitar center , prestige wizard , prestige wizard neck , pro edge , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sims custom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode