2008 line-up leakage?!? - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:05 PM

Re: 2008 line-up leakage?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick-boy View Post
Ah yes, the future ex-Mrs. Sick-boy.
It's only fitting that we marry. I've only been in love with her for like two decades now. She'll come around.

Anywho, it'd be nice if they would continue doing new things with the RGA line.
who knows there are still 4 rgs not unvieled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:31 PM

Syncroni ZR

ZR II

Edge-Zero (!!!)

So I take it the Edge-Zero was the new trem that got so much talk? Looks like they're all screw-in arms though.
post #63 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyCakes View Post
who knows there are still 4 rgs not unvieled
I;m chomping at the bit, buddy.
post #64 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:38 PM

Not to get off topic, but what exactly is a "Synchronized Trem"?
Because that ZR looks sweet
post #65 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:54 PM

Goodbye PRS...
Hello two new 24 fret S models
smitty
post #66 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:05 PM

Mmmm that wasn't the trem I was talking about...looks like it will be 2009, unless it's on the Jem's, but I think Rich said the Sigs have Edge Pros?
post #67 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:21 PM

What trem were you talking about? Any info?

But, on another note - although the drop/push in arms are easier and look better, the screw in arms are better as far as function is concerned... they make flutters twice as responsive since you're moving the whole trem with very little if any interference from sloppiness... although someone said that using tefflon tape will improve the push in arms' stability, I think.
post #68 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick-boy View Post
Not to get off topic, but what exactly is a "Synchronized Trem"?
Because that ZR looks sweet
I think it's just a fancy name for a regular Strat style trem.
post #69 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilverdew View Post
Mmmm that wasn't the trem I was talking about...looks like it will be 2009, unless it's on the Jem's, but I think Rich said the Sigs have Edge Pros?
What was the trem you were talking about? Also, it looks as though the Edge Pro might be completely dropped in Prestige RGs for the Edge Zero.
post #70 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Angels View Post
What trem were you talking about? Any info?

But, on another note - although the drop/push in arms are easier and look better, the screw in arms are better as far as function is concerned... they make flutters twice as responsive since you're moving the whole trem with very little if any interference from sloppiness... although someone said that using tefflon tape will improve the push in arms' stability, I think.
The Schaller on my Caparison flutters like crazy.
post #71 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:42 PM

Reviews: 3

Looks like some kind of D-Tuna thing like on the Wolfgangs. It's about time because that's cool.
post #72 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:45 PM

Yeah the synchroniZR or whatever looks damn sweet. The guitars they're on seem to have some funky pickup switching though. Boo-urns, but I'd still like one.
post #73 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 06:10 AM

Sorry to say that, this swirl looks to be hand painted and not actually 'swirled and or dipped', imho.
post #74 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarGuru View Post
Looks like some kind of D-Tuna thing like on the Wolfgangs. It's about time because that's cool.

I believe it is just the included intonation tool that bolts on the bridge. Could someone clarify this?
post #75 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Youth View Post
The Schaller on my Caparison flutters like crazy.
+1 Those Schallers are nice trems, I have one on my old Jackson.
Threaded bars can swing free, be locked in position, or be slightly snug.
Whats with that bolt on the other side of the trem body, maybe for the lefties?

D

Tags
abalone binding , allen wrench , andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , black headstock , black pickguard , body shape , bridge pickup , candy apple red , clear coat , coil split , coil tap , control knobs , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom models , custom shop , custom swirl , dave weiner , death metal , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , distortion pedal , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony fingerboard , edge bridge , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , edge zero , electric guitar , equipped guitar , eric johnson , eric johnson strat , fender custom shop , fender strat , fender stratocaster , finger board , fixed bridge , flamed maple , fret access , fret maple , george benson , giger series , guitar body , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar shop , guitar tech , hardtail bridge , heavy metal , herc swirl , hollow body , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez acoustic , ibanez amps , ibanez bass , ibanez catalog , ibanez collection , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibz inf , ikebe gakki , intonation tool , jackson custom shop , jackson guitars , jem conversion , jem project , jemini pedal , jumbo frets , killer guitar , les paul , lock nut , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , locking tuners , lopro trem , low strings , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , medium frets , mick thompson , mick thompson model , music store , mxr phase , neck shape , offset dot inlays , paf pro , paf pros , paul gilbert , pickup combination , pickup cover , pickup switch , pickup switching , planet waves , playing guitar , pointy headstock , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , prestige necks , production model , quilted maple , retainer bar , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , road flare red , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , sam ash , sam totman , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , sharkfin inlays , shred guitars , signature guitar , steve vai , strat bridge , strat style , string bass , string guitars , string lock , string tension , string xiphos , super distortion , swirled jem , tone zone , trem block , tremolo bridge , tremolo system , truss rod , truss rod cover , tube amp , upper fret , upper frets , vintage strat , white pickguard , wizard neck profile , wizard prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode