2008 line-up leakage?!? - Page 6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:19 AM

Re: 2008 line-up leakage?!?

Edge Zero looks like an edge blended with a FR, plus it's got what looks to be a tremsetter with it (the Zero Point System).

Via BabelFish: "While succeeding the concept of the tremolo ・ bridge "EDGE" series of Ibanez tradition, the new development bridge "Edge-Zero" which incorporated the ZERO POINT system and made the sense of security raise rapidly. The arm has adopted torque adjustment possible inserting system."

The bar may be press-in, but with variable friction (torque)?

It looks kinda cool to me. Be interesting to try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:23 AM

Just also noticed that the RG2550 also has an allen wrench holder screwed into the back of the headstock from the factory? Not sure I consider that a plus. Anytime I've been looking to by a used neck, I specifically WON'T buy one that's got those damn wrench holder holes in it. I guess if it's original...

I'm now VERY curious to see the other four RG's.
post #78 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:23 AM

I like these new trems. I'm extremely excited to see the rest of the line.
post #79 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 01:21 PM

I'm excited about these trems too... I entirely want one of the white 2550's. I also want to know how the synchroniZR plays cause that blue S looks delicious...

...and, I wonder what's different about the ZR-II? I still haven't played a ZR, haha
post #80 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 03:31 PM

edge zero looks interesting
post #81 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 06:25 PM

The Syncroni ZR has no fine tuners or string locks, so it is obviously meant for a non-locking nut and (maybe) locking tuners. Reinventing the Strat bridge.

That isn't a D-tuna on the ZRII, it's the intonation tool. Just as it is that "bolt on the other side" of the Edge Zero. Rich is right that the large gap behind the trem doesn't make sense. You can see in the ZRII picture that the intonation tool doesn't fit into the route anyway.

Clearly Ibanez has been listening to the complaints and is attempting to do something about them. I'll be interested to see how these new trems play ...
post #82 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 07:58 PM

Can anyone tell if the syncroniZR is a locking trem? I can't tell from the pictures. Looks more like a wilkinson with bearings to me. Would be kind of cool to try one.
post #83 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 08:00 PM

Be prepared to be disappointed!
post #84 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Unless you're speaking from experience somehow, I don't think there's much to be disappointed about.

I didn't realize that the "bolt" on the left side of the ZR/EZ trems was the intonation tool... what we should all be happy about is that the Edge Pro (or at least the new version of it) finally has an intonation tool.
post #85 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcard71 View Post
Be prepared to be disappointed!
Have you actually seen/played one?

If so, please give us some more info...

Rock on!
post #86 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsdds View Post
Can anyone tell if the syncroniZR is a locking trem? I can't tell from the pictures. Looks more like a wilkinson with bearings to me. Would be kind of cool to try one.

It looks like it loads thru the trem block much like a vintage type bridge
looks like a 'strat style' bridge but ball bearing instead of knife type action imo making a smoother and more accurate trem
post #87 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

It looks like the synchroniZR has a "fix-it" option à la tremol-no.

And Ibanez site mentions auto-trim tuners.

I Hope that they will bring us a fixed bridge prestige RG with these tuners.
post #88 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 08:43 AM

Yes, it uses Sperzel type tuners (locking tuners)

post #89 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 AM

Reviews: 1

Isn't it interesting that 'new' products are coming out with multi-colored swirls?

There hasn't been ANYTHING swirled from Ibanez for ages. (DNA in 2000)
The new 20th has a swirl inside, but nothing painted.....

I would LOVE to see anniversay models of the UVMC, PMC & GMC.

-jemaholic
post #90 of 1332 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 11:29 AM

^ You forgot the RG20051

grüße (:

Tags
abalone binding , allen wrench , andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , black headstock , black pickguard , body shape , bridge pickup , candy apple red , clear coat , coil split , coil tap , control knobs , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom models , custom shop , custom swirl , dave weiner , death metal , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , distortion pedal , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony fingerboard , edge bridge , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , edge zero , electric guitar , equipped guitar , eric johnson , eric johnson strat , fender custom shop , fender strat , fender stratocaster , finger board , fixed bridge , flamed maple , fret access , fret maple , george benson , giger series , guitar body , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar shop , guitar tech , hardtail bridge , heavy metal , herc swirl , hollow body , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez acoustic , ibanez amps , ibanez bass , ibanez catalog , ibanez collection , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibz inf , ikebe gakki , intonation tool , jackson custom shop , jackson guitars , jem conversion , jem project , jemini pedal , jumbo frets , killer guitar , les paul , lock nut , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , locking tuners , lopro trem , low strings , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , medium frets , mick thompson , mick thompson model , music store , mxr phase , neck shape , offset dot inlays , paf pro , paf pros , paul gilbert , pickup combination , pickup cover , pickup switch , pickup switching , planet waves , playing guitar , pointy headstock , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , prestige necks , production model , quilted maple , retainer bar , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , road flare red , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , sam ash , sam totman , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , sharkfin inlays , shred guitars , signature guitar , steve vai , strat bridge , strat style , string bass , string guitars , string lock , string tension , string xiphos , super distortion , swirled jem , tone zone , trem block , tremolo bridge , tremolo system , truss rod , truss rod cover , tube amp , upper fret , upper frets , vintage strat , white pickguard , wizard neck profile , wizard prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode