2008 line-up leakage?!? - Page 89 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1321 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: 2008 line-up leakage?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It has nothing to do with the feel. The feel is like that because of the ZPS buck spring system, same as a tremsetter but more forgiving than one. It's the "look" and appearance I'm talking about, and of course those screws.
That's what I mean though, when I say feel I mean as in "use the force" type feel, not feel to play, but feel to have on the guitar. "My spider sense is tingling" feel.

I can't quantify it, because I've not had enough time to analyse what it is but I can tell it's not "right" for me.

That probably makes NO sense to anyone else, but it makes perfect sense in jono-world
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Vendor

I'll bet money it's the arm bend and angle. I'm not particularly fond of it. If I was playing one I'd bend it to taste.
post #1323 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Banned

Last edited by Rodney James; 02-01-2008 at 02:08 AM.
post #1324 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_child View Post
The large space behind the trem is for the intonation tool. There is just enough space to clear the tool in the route.

It's bigger than the ZR trem to allow for the 'stupidity factor'. There were apparently reports of guys forgetting about the tool and doing upbends with it in place, and scratching the body and/or bending the tool.

So the EZ route has been made just big enough so the tool will fit in and hit the foam rubber instead of the body. <snip>
Well, I too think this is a real shame, I LOVE the RG2550Z in white, but the oversize route just looks like a cheap bodge job to me... Maybe I'll just get a used RG2550E and paint it white.
post #1325 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 03:51 PM

Cool Re: 2008 line-up leakage?!?

has this baby been shown yet?

George Benson 30th anniversary
post #1326 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Vendor

post #1327 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 05:29 PM

Hey Rich, nice report. Thank you!

You have referred several times, including in your NAMM report, to "the Chinese Custom Shop." Can you elaborate please? Why do you call it that?

Whatever or wherever it is, I share your opinion of their work and own an Artcore Custom and an ARC100BS, both well-made Chinese instruments.
post #1328 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Vendor

Well, most of them have "Custom" on the truss rod cover, and it's obvious they're not made right along side the zillions of other entry level Chinese guitars, so it just fits. Somewhere I wrote it's just a name I made up to descibe them, and if the shoe fits, wear it.
post #1329 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 07:37 AM

Wink Re: 2008 line-up leakage?!?

thanks Rich, glad to see you got your website running again

It's interesting that the official promo shot at Ibanez shows the silvery Garakaku top as black
post #1330 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:33 AM

Are there dates for when we will start seeing some of these hit the streets or be able to order, like the RG3520z and RG2550z?

Side note - The store I teach out of just got a few new '08 Ibanezs in yesterday. They got the ART version with caimen black finish, it looks really cool in person. I'll plug it in and see what it plays like. With a street price of $399 it seems like a solid guitar. I was told the new pickups in it are a little more aggressive than what was in its predecessor. If it plays decent, the pups could be swapped easily enough (JB/Jazz or JB/Paf Pro).
post #1331 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Vendor

You can order at any time, your dealer has the info. When models are due is all over the place, 5470SOL's are in stock, JS1600's not due till June, everything else in between.
post #1332 of 1332 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
Are there dates for when we will start seeing some of these hit the streets or be able to order, like the RG3520z and RG2550z?

Side note - The store I teach out of just got a few new '08 Ibanezs in yesterday. They got the ART version with caimen black finish, it looks really cool in person. I'll plug it in and see what it plays like. With a street price of $399 it seems like a solid guitar. I was told the new pickups in it are a little more aggressive than what was in its predecessor. If it plays decent, the pups could be swapped easily enough (JB/Jazz or JB/Paf Pro).
I am interested in trying one of those myself. Please let us know your thoughts!

Tags
abalone binding , allen wrench , andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , black headstock , black pickguard , body shape , bridge pickup , candy apple red , clear coat , coil split , coil tap , control knobs , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom models , custom shop , custom swirl , dave weiner , death metal , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , distortion pedal , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony fingerboard , edge bridge , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , edge zero , electric guitar , equipped guitar , eric johnson , eric johnson strat , fender custom shop , fender strat , fender stratocaster , finger board , fixed bridge , flamed maple , fret access , fret maple , george benson , giger series , guitar body , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar shop , guitar tech , hardtail bridge , heavy metal , herc swirl , hollow body , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez acoustic , ibanez amps , ibanez bass , ibanez catalog , ibanez collection , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibz inf , ikebe gakki , intonation tool , jackson custom shop , jackson guitars , jem conversion , jem project , jemini pedal , jumbo frets , killer guitar , les paul , lock nut , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , locking tuners , lopro trem , low strings , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , medium frets , mick thompson , mick thompson model , music store , mxr phase , neck shape , offset dot inlays , paf pro , paf pros , paul gilbert , pickup combination , pickup cover , pickup switch , pickup switching , planet waves , playing guitar , pointy headstock , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , prestige necks , production model , quilted maple , retainer bar , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , road flare red , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , sam ash , sam totman , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , sharkfin inlays , shred guitars , signature guitar , steve vai , strat bridge , strat style , string bass , string guitars , string lock , string tension , string xiphos , super distortion , swirled jem , tone zone , trem block , tremolo bridge , tremolo system , truss rod , truss rod cover , tube amp , upper fret , upper frets , vintage strat , white pickguard , wizard neck profile , wizard prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode