2027 pickups - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

2027 pickups

Someone may be able to help me here, but basically this is the old pickup question. Basically I am not happy at all with one, and only marginally happy with the other.

The one I really haven't taken to is the PAF7 in the neck (retrofitted), too characterless and bland, really want something with more character to it that will give me a nice thick clean sound as this just doesn't really, and also sound good when noodling leads (I prefer the neck position for soloing) , again having quite a thick sound

The other is the Evolution7 in the neck, now I can live with this one as it does lend the guitar a different character and is quite tight, but really I want something a lot dirtier for the bridge while keeping clarity. It's a nice pickup, but I have a feeling that it's just not for me.

So, what do I like? I have had a penchant for EMG's in the past, but don't want to do any routing, so they are out. Also I do actually like the blazeII's and how they sound in the universe (7BK) I have, except that I find the UV sounds quite dark, but I like the dirt generated from them

Any suggestions? I am also open to Seymour Duncans, and know that quite a few players I like use them, so maybe I should look at that.

hmmmm....I also wonder if the 7string forum would be a better place for this

Any help appreciated, also if anyone wants to swap pups as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 06:55 PM

Mine has Blazes in it.They are very scooped which isn't bad for cleans but it is a muddy pup to say the least.The JB7 is a great choice for a 7string bridge pup.The evolution 7 will have more output and tighter lows but decent mids.The Duncan Custom7 is ok but in my Carvin 7string mahogony guitar,it seems a little too something.I don't know what.maybe too much highs but the guitar is only tung oiled so that may explain it

The evolutiuons are about as good a pup as you can gt on a 7string but a friend of mine got a new prototype EMG for his 7string wiht a EQ circuit and he lovese it alot.

Tags
bridge pup , neck position , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , string bridge , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode