2027 and pickups!!!! - Monstrous 2027- - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

2027 and pickups!!!! - Monstrous 2027-

Hey all, I as well am bummed do to the loss of the 2027. *Just wanted to share something interesting. *I got my 2027 when WMC first got one it. *I hadn't seen one, or even heard one, i jsut knew there was some "piezo 7" out. *I saw that guitar on the shelf... and bought it on the spot. *(that was a stretch, and i sold my first year 7620). *I didn't even play it at the store. *I held it...and was like ok, its mine. *The neck shreds. *I've been using it since june and its wild. *One thing... i changed the elctronics a bit. *2 phase switches, and different 5-way wiring. *I have wild combinations and sounds i can post later. *Anyways, this is the point of my post. *I liked the pickups...but they weren't enough. *And i didn't want a PAF or EVO 7. *Or the Blaze. *Well, i placed an order for a Tone Zone 7. *I needed a neck pickup now. *I asked if it can be done, and apparently it can. *I am having an Air Norton 7 sent to me as well!!!!! * Air in neck, Tone Zone in bridge!!!!! *With the wiring, and the mahogany, this axe is gonna be a real shredder now. *Did anyone else know you can order pickups like that? *I knew Seymore Duncan does that with any pickup, i just ofund out about the Dimarzio! *Damn, think of a Super Distortion 7....Iron Maiden never sounded soo deep! *
* * * * One added note...... 2027 in my opinion is the best "half-production" 7 string ever to hit the market. *If you want better you have to go custom. *Such a sad loss...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 03:24 PM

2027 and pickups!!!!

Are you saying Dimarzio will wind a 7 pole pickup version for any 6 pole pup they have? *per request of course
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

2027 and pickups!!!!

Um......i guess so! *Hey, doesnt hurt to clal and find out. *All i know is i have one coming my way? *Once i wire it up, i will be sure to post a picture, or sounds.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 03:32 PM

2027 and pickups!!!!

Uhh... yeah - what's the deal here?

I'm needin' an Air Norton-7 (or two, actually...)

Ryan
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 03:39 PM

2027 and pickups!!!!

Very interesting. Let us know how it turns out.

Did you place the order with DiMarzio directly?

It would also be nice to hear the pricing on such a pickup as well.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

2027 and pickups!!!!

No, i placed it with WMC. *I have a friend there who orders everything i need. *He said they are on their way, so i believe him. *And they are 7! *And he quoted me a normal price. *
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 04:14 PM

2027 and pickups!!!!

Too good to be true... I hope you get what you expect.
Good luck!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 11:18 AM

Reviews: 2
2027 and pickups!!!!

I'm still waiting on Dimarzio releasing single coil sized humbucker for 7 strings. Then I'm ordering a 7'er sustaniac

imagine the posibilities with a sustainer and a piezo bridge
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 07:06 PM

2027 and pickups!!!!

Pablo:

Seymour Duncan will make their compact humbuckers in seven-string versions from their custom shop. If i ever get a 7-string, i'm going to go that route and put in a Sustainiac Stealth as well.

Tags
air norton , custom shop , iron maiden , neck pickup , piezo bridge , seymour duncan , super distortion , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode