2027vvx and 2120vvx pickups - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

2027vvx and 2120vvx pickups

ive got a 2027vvx and a new 2120vvx with the newer piezo trem . i love them both . the stock pickups arent great . i have heard some people using tone zones and they sound muddy . has anyone ever tried emg pickups in either of these guitars . i want emg 81-7 and a 707 in the 2027 and 81 and a 85 in the 2120 . here is my real question ,will the the pickups need there own battery or will they share the battery from the piezo how would i go about wiring these propely. has any one ever put emgs in either of these guitars . any help would be great thank...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 09:34 PM

You'll have to route them out to make those fit...not a good solution in my opinion.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 07:56 AM

No route needed in a 2120. My buddy just recently had cream EMG's put in his 2120X. While many phone calls were made to try to figure out the electronics, it eventually worked. It would have been easier to do in a 2020 as there's no ability to run both pieza & magnetic pups simultaneously. They managed to squeeze the pups and battery in the existing cavities.

I have TZ's in both my 2020 and 2027 and they're great.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 01:36 PM

For what it's worth, I've got a TZ in my mahogany bodied JC and it isn't muddy at all, quite well defined and tight.

Sorry about the bad info on the routing, I thought all EMG installations required routing...learn something all the time!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 AM

My 2027x has dimarzio evolution7, i love it!

Tags
dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode