2127x vs eb jpm7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

2127x vs eb jpm7

okay, posted this topic on another website this afternoon, and wanna test the waters here. opinions on the 2127x vs the ernie ball petrucci 7 string? trying to decide which to buy.....i'm partial to ibanez and am wearing out my uvmc....but i'd like a 7string w/ piezo.....suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 12:36 AM

I've heard good things about both, but that they're both quite different.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 08:46 AM

well I currently own the ebmm jpm7 and I use to own the rg2027x.

They are both great guitars. I would choose the jpm for these reasons...

piezo has eqs.
neck feels better(IMHO).
pickups sound much much better(IMHO).
guitar just feels better over all.

however I think its a close run, and could see anyone picking one or the other for their own reasons.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 09:06 AM

yeah id take the rg over the jpm just cuz i like it more, i dont like the jpm body shape and the neck is in a wierd place and not as nicely accesible

if i had a lot of money, id still take the rg over the jpm anyday

and for the price, the rg is a better deal.

get the rg, it looks way better, feels way better, and you can always change sounds if you want to...

anyway thats me
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

thanx guys, i've been doing my homework for quite some time now, leaning toward the eb. my friend has a 2027, and it's awesome. part of me thinks the eb would be even more awesome, for me. it seems to fit my style perfectly. now if they could just stick a maple top on it with a nice stain instead of all the other (imho) poor color choices, everything would be peachy! i love the look of the eb trem.....the ibanez trem looks like you've stuck a car transmission right on that beautiful mahogany body
thanx for your input.....
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel
now if they could just stick a maple top on it with a nice stain...
Preach it brother.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel
now if they could just stick a maple top on it with a nice stain...
And maybe a nice maple board...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 03:39 PM

the ebmm jp looks way better in person than any pics I've seen of the guitar. I think the pearl redburst, blue burst and vintage burst colors are really nice. If you like sparkles they got those too(not my thang tho).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

i have finally decided to take the dive and try the eb....i'm ordering mine in their latest, the 'carbon blue pearl'. it's a navy looking color, pretty sweet....expected arrival sometime in october. i'll be back posting pics ASAP.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 12:09 AM

Reviews: 30
Hope you like the guitar man! Let us know what your impression of it is when you get it. Every little bit o' information helps, especially someone who may be in the shoes you were just in when it comes to guitar choice.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 11:38 AM

I too contemplated ordering a EBMM JPM 7, got a good quote on one and the pearl redburst color is just really classy. But alas, the Ibanez RG shape and feel is just what I really love and I just play the dog snot out of my 2027 (I bought BrianH's guitar). There's just something about that shape and weight of the mahogany that feels alive.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 01:19 PM

Well, i almost gave the JPM a try when i was looking for the new 7, but no dealers areound here stock them, and i didn't want to buy something when i had absolutely NO idea what to expect on the playability and feel (good RG's will at least be similar, but i've never played anything from EB, so it was just too much of a gamble for me). However, i love JP's tone; maybe one day when i get a degree and a real job i'll look into that. in the meantime, i'm ridiculously happy with the 2027.

-Drew

Tags
body shape , ebmm jpm , ernie ball , ibanez trem , mahogany body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode