540PII - Have to have one - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

540PII - Have to have one

Anyone here have a 540PII? I've been admiring the style for about ten years but have never really actively pursued acquiring one. I am coming out of a 3 year guitar hiatus now that I'm finishing college. My tuition payments are done and I find myself with a surplus income for the first time in a long time and I want a guitar. I figured, why not get something I really want.

If you were to actively pursue a 540PII what is the best way to do it? I'm really not opposed to building one as a project. I have extensive lutherie experience and I'm still an Allparts dealer, as well as a dealer for many other sites, and I still receive 50% virtually any part (I can get a Schaller Floyd for about $80). What is a good company to look into for a 540pII body shape? I see some on Ebay from time to time but I'm not really interested in an unfinished basswood body. Finish work is a nightmare without a professional setup.

Looking forward to any information you guys have and any experiences you have with this guitar/body shape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 12:06 PM

Re: 540PII - Have to have one

You can get the body from Perle Guitars, and then I can finish it for you. I have my spray booth setup in his shop. You can contact me for pricing if you like. Or check out my site in the link at the top of your screen for LiQuiD Fx...his bodies can be found online as well from the site you mentioned too.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 06:24 PM

I'm like you but I want a 540R more than a P. I tried out a 540R a few weeks ago in Tokyo and it was amazing. Too bad the 1st string broke when I went to try it out because the guitar had been sitting in the shop uncared for, for a long time. Still, love at first sight
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 05:20 AM

I've got one black 24 fret, two yellow 24frets, one red 24fret and also a magenta 22 fret. What do you want to know?

Tags
540pii , body , custom , luthier , project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode