550?2550? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

550?2550?

Hi I am a chinese and i fond this com on the web ,it`s a good com,and i love the ibanez guitar too.(but my english is poor)i got the ibanez rg550ex made in 2002,japan .in china it`s cost 4000RMB,about 500$,but the japanese always sold us the worst products now 550 were changed into 2550ex and the pu are dim/ibz could you tell me the original v7 v8 s1 pu and the new pu which is better?thank you.
wanna make frends whith you ,and i can study english too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 01:00 PM

Mate the 550EX is not garbage.

I would expect the pickups will be similar to each other with the IBZ a little better to the general population's ears.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 04:41 PM

I think he was just saying that in general everything they get from Japan is garbage - just a guess though...

Anyways, I don't know what kind of tone you are looking for, but there are 100's of different pickups on the market today to choose from to help nail down the tone you want.

I am waiting on some Bill Lawerence Pickups to replace my V7-S1-V8 pickups in my RG570 and I am also looking into DiMarzio Pickups for a RG550 that is coming in soon.

As far as learning English, the best thing to do for starters is to goto an online translating site like WorldLingo and use that to translate your languge into english and vise versa. I must say though that it isn't 100% correct, but it is a starting point.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Post a reply

thanks a lot ,I love my 550`s tone but in china they say ibz`s tone is like the cheap keeyboard`s God save me!they say it`s tone always code, not zoom,and the AC tone worse than FENDER,DT tone worse than EPIPHONE,I think thats mabe........but what the longhair`s said were true,the Japanese really give us garabge,the best were sent to u.s.a
anymore in our country the guitarplayers think the Basswood is not the good wood for guitar,so the jem555and7v the same PU,but the diff tone,they say the jem555 is garbage,I think so.thanks again
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 01:39 PM

I am not to sure if I would trust anybody's opinion about tone coming out from a brand of guitar...

There are many factors that go into tone itself and the guitar and pickups are just 2 small parts of a bigger picture.

You could take a an Ibanez RG550 and plug it into a 10 watt amp with a torn speaker and it would sound like crap. You could also plug in a Fender Stat and plug it into the same amp and it too would sound like total crap. See what I am trying to say here?

The biggest thing about buying any guitar - not just Ibanez - is the fact that you are happy with it and not worry about what anybody else says about it.

Tags
dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez RG 2550 EGK?
whats the defirence between ibanez rg 2550 and rg 2570

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode