570ct vs Jems - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

570ct vs Jems

What would make a jem have a better tone or make it worth buying over the 570ct with the same pickups in them both?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 05:06 AM

The monkey Grip?!

What JEM u wanna buy?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez Junkie
The monkey Grip?!

What JEM u wanna buy?

I really dont wanna buy a jem im just wondering what makes it so much better. it has inlays,tiger claw, a monkey grip basically less wood and which dont effect the tone.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 08:31 AM

it got dimarzios on it..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez Junkie
it got dimarzios on it..
refer to the first post
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 10:49 AM

The guys on this board consider the "additional worksmanship" done on JEMs to make them better in all ways.

I have a 570, am happy with it, and essentially don't think it can get better than that. But then again, I can't afford a JEM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
The main difference will be the neck size, the JEM necks found on the Alder JEMs are thicker than the Wizard neck on the RG570CT. Of course some would also say that the pau ferro board of the RG570CT has a different tone to either the ebony or rosewood found on the JEM7V.

There's also the tonal differences (if you can hear them) between the direct mounted pickups on the RG and the pickguardon the JEM.

They're all very minor differences, some would say they all add up, others would say they don't matter.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

thats what i was thinking really its not a better tone its just like a 570 with added features that some people find more applealing to the eyes...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 07:34 PM

I think it's also the fact that Vai uses production model Jems, this backs up our feeling that the guitar is of a pro level.
A lot of people won't admit it, or won't want to. But I think it's true, certainly plays a part in my ownership of one. It's a form of insurance.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist
I think it's also the fact that Vai uses production model Jems, this backs up our feeling that the guitar is of a pro level.
A lot of people won't admit it, or won't want to. But I think it's true, certainly plays a part in my ownership of one. It's a form of insurance.
Does a guitar with Feiten mods, fernandez sustainer constitute a "production" model? You really think he uses "off the rack" Jems?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Guitar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist
Does a guitar with Feiten mods, fernandez sustainer constitute a "production" model? You really think he uses "off the rack" Jems?

Don't tell me he somehow is so much better sounding with these mods, than without(All the years in the past)...

I think the differences may also be the hardware, JEM's has some very durable silverish plating on the trem and stuff(Some of the newer models)

Tags
direct mounted pickups , jem neck , monkey grip , mounted pickups , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode