7 string Humbucker pickup rings - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

7 string Humbucker pickup rings

Anyone aware who sells chrome 7 string humbucker pickup rings.

I see lot's of 6 string variants but no 7 string version.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 05:13 PM

http://www.fretsonthenet.net/other_parts.htm

Tell Dave i sent you.

His work is top-notch. I've got the first set of 7-string rings he made. They're modeled after the rings that came with my Seymour Duncans, which are identical to the OEM rings that came stock on my Dean Evo 7. You can get them in black, white, light cream, polished aluminum, polished brass, and a whole bunch of other colours/finishes.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I had hardtime locating these puppies.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 01:00 PM

I got my set for my 7620 from http://www.universaljems.com

Good luck.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
the rings that came with my Seymour Duncans, which are identical to the OEM rings that came stock on my Dean Evo 7.
interesting. my Duncan 7-string mounting rings are not at all the same as the stock rings on my EVO7. my Duncan rings are flat and not very tall. my EVO7 rings are arched to fit the carved top of the body, tilted toward the neck to match the neck pocket angle, and the bridge ring is much taller than the neck ring [like Les Paul humbucker mounting rings].
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 03:12 PM

I just meant in terms of their top dimensions and screw placement.

You must have got different rings on your Evo 7 than i did. Mine came with 1 short ring and 1 tall one, but they were not arched to match the body, and they weren't angled, either. The body has a slight arch in it at the neck position, but the body is flat where the bridge pickup sits. My neck pickup ring conformed to the arch only because it's made of thin plastic, and screwing the corners down makes it bend to follow the arch of the top.

The Frets on the Net rings are solid and will not bend, so Dave made my neck one custom to match a template i made him to match the top, but the bridge one is flat and 3/8" thick. The Evo 7 doens't have a huge neck angle, so i opted to have the rings made flat instead of angled. They work beautifully.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

I had ordered pick up rings from Dave (fretsonthenet.com) but as he doesn't accept CC or Paypal for international customer it's fairly impossible to complete payment with him.

His products appear to be great.........getting him to accept any money for it, is a complete other matter.

Anyone aware of anyone else selling these pickup rings???
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemmm
I had ordered pick up rings from Dave (fretsonthenet.com) but as he doesn't accept CC or Paypal for international customer it's fairly impossible to complete payment with him.

His products appear to be great.........getting him to accept any money for it, is a complete other matter.

Anyone aware of anyone else selling these pickup rings???
*cough, cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQ7String

Good luck.
Psst.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 01:55 AM

Universaljems is fine if you want black rings... that's all anyone seems to carry. The ones from Frets on the Net are available in brass, aluminum, black, white, gray, cream... or whatever materials Dave can get his hands on. I had to wait a few weeks until he got some 3/8" cream stock, but it was worth it!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 06:19 PM

I've been seeing them on eBay lately.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
*cough, cough*

Quote:
CQ7String wrote:
Good luck. Smile

Psst.
I had checked that link, but just like allparts.com, all they seem to offer is black plastic ones. I might order them and continue my built and change'm later to chrome ones. If I can find them.

Tags
bridge pickup , darren wilson , dean evo , les paul , neck angle , neck pickup , neck position , pickup ring , pickup rings , seymour duncan , seymour duncans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode