7 strings discontinued? - guitars - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

7 strings discontinued? - guitars

It may be too early to talk about this, but I'm going to anyways. I've been to other guitar company's websites, ESP and Jackson, and I've noticed something. It looks like they have stopped making their seven string models. Again, it may be too early to be saying this but it's shaping up to be this way.

I'm disappointed because I liked the ESP MH-307 and was hoping to get one in the future. I'm hoping that Ibanez will keep making the seven string because I find that a standard six string guitar neck is too small for my hands. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Only time will tell

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 08:01 PM

7 strings discontinued?

If they have discontinued some models, keep you eyes on the web at sites like SamAsh.com because they will be blowing out the inventory once the announcement is made. *You can get them for like 50% or 60% off. *The MH-307 is a sweet looking guitar, a great deal for the price as far as features goes, but I've never played one so I don't know about the pickups or the neck.

I hope Ibanez keeps some of their lines alive, at least the UV.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 09:21 PM

7 strings discontinued?

I've already seen advertised "blowouts" on Jackson, ESP/LTD, and Schecter 7-strings on ebay by some guitar shops. *Take a look on ebay, there's some great deals on non-Ibanez 7's.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 10:20 PM

7 strings discontinued?

i guess this is the "lull" that happens after a big fad blows up and deflates... i guess it'll take a little while before the *serious* use of the Seven as a standard instrument rather than just a novelty (although us seven players KNOW its not a novelty!!)

i guess its sorta like the floyd rose... in the 80's you couldn't sell a guitar without one, and then suddenly they declined, and now they've been coming back. cept a 7 has more long-term benefits than a trem system... wider range, different chord voicings and inversions, different scale patterns and wider range altoghether... stuff like that just hasn't been explored by the average joe. hell, when i got my Seven for the first time, i liked it, but i wasn't too sure why i wanted a big string there... now after studying some music theory and applying it to guitar, i can't live without it! there's just so many possibilities!

ahh... well...

well, i'm sure you'll be able to find 7's for nicer prices now as their demand went down and there's still tons of supply... simple economics, price goes down. i mean, i got my RG7 right before this all happened, and i paid soemwhere around US$ 600-700 for it... then a few months later they were selling for about $400 or so (*ANGER*), so on ebay, online retailers, or even local stores, prices should be at an all time low for axes like those..

good luck finding some!

-Pryde

(Edited by Pryde7 at 1:00 pm on Mar. 12, 2002)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 09:27 AM

7 strings discontinued?

* ohh yeah, keep a close eye on all the online stores and do rounds on your local ones too, i got the rg7620 for 450 from www.americanmusical.com and i couldn't be happier, and i just scored a 7421 for 299 at a local GC, so just keep looking.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 11:11 AM

7 strings discontinued?

I don't think that 7's will disappear completely.....its just that all the companies that jumped on the 7 string band wagon are now dropping them, because all the 15 year olds have either already bought them, or can't afford them in the first place.

Plus, as it was mentioned somewhere else, a lot of the kids into Korn are looking for beat up Universes or 7620's, not brand new shiny models that they can't afford.

The recent popularity of 7's really had nothing to do with Petrucci or Vai, those guys have been playing them for years.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 11:53 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
7 strings discontinued?

the 7-string market is very soft, and thankfully the glut of them will be purged. But now is the best time to get an affordable 7, so take advantage... glen
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 05:57 PM

7 strings discontinued?

There have been so many 7's produced over the last 4-5 years, you won't have a problem finding one on the used market for at least another 5-10 more. * I just started playing 7's when AMS had their blow-out on 7620's for $449. *Since then I've complely switched to 7 strings and have gotten an awesome deal on each axe: 2027 for 800, 7621 for $300, and a Dean 7 String acoustic for $250! *All my guitars were new or like new! *You barely even have to keep your eyes open for the good deals
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 06:09 PM

7 strings discontinued?

a 7621 for 300? wow! here in chile i would gladly pay twice as much!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 09:15 AM

7 strings discontinued?

I think that too many people base teens buying 7's on KoRn. *This offends me greatly, because I am a HUGE Fear Factory fan. *In fact, other than Dino Cazares, I don't really like anyone who plays 7's. *KoRn's alright I guess, but you can't really appreciate anything they actually play on guitar. *No offence to KoRn, but their music kinda all blends, where as with Fear Factory, you can pick apart the really good guitar parts from everything else, and that's what originally drew me to 7 strings.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 02:45 PM

7 strings discontinued?

Korn, Fear Factory, what's the difference? :biggrin: just kidding.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 06:02 PM

7 strings discontinued?

I agree, I'm currently looking for a 7string, but HATE numetal. *And as someone pointed out, there's not a chance in hell I'm paying for one of those bastards new. *I would much rather get one that's in reasonable condition, and pay less.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 06:54 PM

7 strings discontinued?

I'm just happy the nu-metal 7 string craze is over, now I won't be labeled accordingly

It'll just go back to the way it was 7 years ago, before all that sh*t

Tags
dino cazares , floyd rose , guitar shop , string acoustic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode