8 or 9 string ibanez, 27" scale, would it be possible? - cus - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
IOR

8 or 9 string ibanez, 27" scale, would it be possible? - cus

wouldnŽt it be cool with a 8 or 9 string RG or UNIVERSE guitar, iŽve read about this guy that custombuilt a 14 string guitar but that would be a little too much for me, ever since i bought my RG2027 iŽve been doing some slapping tecnique on it and found that i want more strings. but still be able to have the full registry of strings and still be able to do some bassplaying on it maybe with some more spacing between the 2 *or 3 upper strings. ok i know what some of u guys might be thinking, blasphemy!!!! cursing n all. i love the 7 string concept and im gonna keep buing them until i die but i want more strings dammit! =) gonna buy a universe UV7PWH on sunday...ive always wanted one and now finally iŽve found one...as usual ibanez roxx!

thats all for me! thx for a great (the greatest) forum totally commited to the cause!!!

hail VAI! =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 09:18 PM

8 or 9 string ibanez, 27" scale, would it be possible?

8 strings are already available. Check out Charlie Hunter on Blue Note Records.......Amazing jazz guy that has a 8 string.....3 bass strings and 5 guitar strings. He has a Novax guitar and it has slanted frets for 2 different scale lengths. There are also 2 different Bartolini pickup systems for bass and guitar routed thru 2 outputs. And if you are ever to hear him play you would swear it is 2 guys. Simply amazing and totally innovative!!!!

www.Novaxguitars.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 09:51 PM

How 'bout 11-strings? *lol *I think this is more what you're looking for. *Check out Timtone and Conklin's custom shops and see what they'll do for ya. *They're, supposedly, very good about doing pretty much ANYTHING you want.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2002, 12:16 PM

I've talked to the guy who had the 11-string Timtone built, and he says that it's still a great instrument, and he loves it. It has held up very nicely. Says that Tim is a real stand-up guy, who won't screw you around, and very knowledgable. (READ- no Ed Roman type here. "I want me gold!" ) Total cost was around 4 grand for the 11-string, but it's a total custom job. Not too bad, considering I've seen a 5 grand Parker Fly. I will probably contact Tim myself about a 12-string guitar/bass (12 separate strings, not like a 12-string guitar with 6 courses of doubled strings. basically a 5-string bass and a 7-string guitar synthesized together.) At any rate, it seems to be a good deal.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
IOR

wow guys, thx for all the info, 11 strings huh? that would be something, well, iŽll start off with 9 and then weŽll see if i need more...one always does after awhile though! =) hehe very happe with my 7 stringers, although i have to put on some thicker strings on the lower E & B strings otherwise they are nice.... well gotta work again!

thx for a great board with lots of great people doing lots of great stuff....like playing!

/ IOR

(Edited by IOR at 10:26 am on Feb. 16, 2002)

Tags
charlie hunter , custom shop , parker fly , scale lengths , string bass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode