'89 Saber 540s - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

'89 Saber 540s

hello to you all!
I recently bought this guitar and when I dissassembled the neck i found H&S stamped on the body.I've read something about H&S being custom shop productionbut i'm not certain what this meas exactly.Is it a custom shop model or? There is no custom shop logo on the neck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 AM

Re: '89 Saber 540s

Congratulations on your new guitar. I also have an 89 540s with the H&S stamp on the body.

you can read about it here:

http://www.jemsite.com/other-topics-...stom-shop.html
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!
So is it considered better than standard 540S or did all of the '89 era had those stamps?
Kinda blurry on that one.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:03 PM

I had one too, just recently sold on 3bay. H&S refers to heart and soul, woulda came outta the california shop. I got some good bucks for the body, so in my opinion, a little more collectable then a reg 540s. Check the link above for more info.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toca View Post
Thanks!
So is it considered better than standard 540S or did all of the '89 era had those stamps?
Kinda blurry on that one.
Not better,exactly the same quality wise/hardware etc. It just means assembly took place in US not Japan,i've owned many (i LOVE early sabres) and they are all top notch. HS did all the assembly work for ibanez back then,it must have been cheaper to ship them in parts. I believe it also allowed the buyer in the US to choose subtle changes such as what fret board markers you wanted or pickup config etc. But yeah,same exact parts,all MIJ.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:20 PM

I got 1992 S540s with the oil finish. Its got the custom made inlay on the 22nd fret and has the hollywood Ca neck plate. I love this guitar. Sad thing is my neck just cracked and I need a replacement. I would like to have this guitar for the rest of my life. I have owned 20 other guitars of all shapes and brands and I just can't put this one down.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji View Post
Congratulations on your new guitar. I also have an 89 540s with the H&S stamp on the body.

you can read about it here:

http://www.jemsite.com/other-topics-...stom-shop.html
I was reading this yesterday and read about the Case ave. guitars for endorsers. I was thinking that I swore the back plate for my neck said Case ave. So I go home and check and yup it says 7101 Case ave. Hollywood, Ca. I live in the Ca bay area, and I'm thinking that Joe Satriani and Alex Skolnick were endorsees and live in the bay area. Not trying to jump to any conclusion yet, but it might be a possibility that it could have been their guitar at some point.I bought it in 1999.

Any thoughts on this?

Tags
saber

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode