AANJ production question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
jd

AANJ production question

I was trying to find out when the AANJ was invented and put into production. For some reason I thought that AANJ and lo-pro edge went together hand in hand but I saw an RG 550 with a lo-pro but the old style neck joint.

Can anyone provide a quick history of the AANJ?! Do all RGs now have this, if so since when??

thx,
- Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 10:42 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
i have to research this fully for the FAQ.

the RG & JEM series was the last to get the AANJ. The Ibanez AANJ was found on the American Masters from 1989-90 (neck thru), the USA Custom UCEWs from 1990 on and also the Gambale models (S-like in 1991). The AANJ was featured on all S-guitars in 1993 as well as the "R" strat-like guitars. In 1994 the RGs had the AANJ as well as the JEM7VWH.

If someone can add more here, please do so ...glen
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
jd

Aha! Very enlightening - thanks! :P

So does that mean that an RG with an original neck joint must be pre-'94?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 05:27 PM

Maxxas already had the AANJ in 87...even before the Jem was introduced...too expensive at the time I guess...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
In 1994 the RGs had the AANJ as well as the JEM7VWH.

If someone can add more here, please do so ...glen
Um, only that I think the 7VWH came out in 93. With the AANJ. Mine is a 93.

You remember Glen, Sex & Religion, the tie-in ads from Ibanez, a bald man shrieking, an African-American over fond of Spandex, more of Steve Vai's "singing"... it was a blast.

I alone spent about two weeks getting just that tiny tapping bit from Deep Down Into The Pain correct from tablature. Two weeks on less than four seconds of music. Perhaps I was too young. I still have the nightmares. I digress. Apologies.

Tags
gambale model , neck joint , neck thru , pro edge , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode