Acoustic... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Acoustic...

hey,

was looking for an acoustic and just browsing some different websites,

came across the Fender Stratacoustic,, looks really cool..

what everyone think? Stratacoustic or EP7? or maybe an ovation?... dunno.. gimme some ideas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:59 PM

Re: Acoustic...

i dont know about the others, but i've played my friends euphoria and its REALLY nice. very well made, well sized neck, piezo pickup, very comfortable, nice sound. the only real gripe i had is since its not that deep, you have to try a little harder to eek more sound out of it, not a big problem though. if you got the moneys, i would go for it.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 10:53 PM

The little things - Stratacoustic, Talman, etc. are great for plinking on while hanging around and are easy to play, but they sound terrible.

Some kind of real acoustic is better. I've never been impressed with the Ibanez acoustics I've tried. Try them - you may disagree wit hme. But if you get a chance, also play a Breedlove, Blueridge, and Yamaha. Those sound the best to me in the $400-1000 range. Maybe a low range Taylor, too...
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 PM

I like the Ovations, personally. I have a Custom Legend, nice guitar
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 12:26 AM

I dunno, I prefer the natural tone of a real acoustic. That means no electronics or preamps in it, just a simple acoustic guitar mic'd.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 12:35 AM

For budget acoustic I like Seagull, last time I checked they could be had for around $350. The next step up from there I like the 15 series Martins, I bought one for my wife a couple of years ago and it replaced my Guild as the acoustic I use most.
Personally I don't like the stratacoustic and I really don't like the Euphoria. I think both sound awful acoustically and the Euphoria is grossly overpriced in my opinion.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 07:56 AM

Out of the three I would take the EP7, it's the only regular-bodied acousitc in there. I am not a big fan of ovations, and the stratacoustic is a waste of time if you want a real acoustic guitar.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 10:04 AM

Reviews: 7

eww stratacousic and telecoustic suck, don't buy one
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 11:03 AM

ChopTart, the EP7 doesn't have a piezo pickup, it has B-Band's under saddle transducer which is much better than a piezo.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
For budget acoustic I like Seagull, last time I checked they could be had for around $350.
Oh, yeah - I forgot those. The LaSiDo lines (Seagull, Simon & Patrick, Art & Lutherie) are all good bang for buck in the $500 & under range.

For even cheaper, I'm pretty impressed with what Samick gives you for a couple hundred. But a couple hundred more definitely buys a better guitar.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Gex

Nobody's mentioned CARVIN yet!

TOP notch quality CUSTOM stuff GREAT price.

Actually, for like $200-300, you can get yourself an old SIGMA made by Martin. Theyre made to the same specs as the higher end martins. My friend has one, and its one of the WARMEST, prettiest acoustics Ive played.

Yamaha's are GREAT too. They get NO credit, and deserve alot. People just dont consider them when they're thinking about guitars. They make excellent sounding acoustics, for a true musicians price.

Other than that, Taylors and Martins are exceptional.

IMO, the Euphoria is REALLY corny looking in real life. They dont sound that great either.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 08:38 PM

Reviews: 1

I have a base level 90s Washburn acoustic and it is awesome! Nice, full tone...lots of botom end, brightens up with a fresh set of strings. Great acoustic. Because I have it, I can't imagine spending any amount of cash to get a different acoustic guitar....
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 09:27 PM

...... Gibson Acoustics, anyone? Even the bottom end Gibson Acoustics sound gorgeous - and they record MUCH better than Martins (he says, being a Martin owner might I add). Taylors are superb - thing about acoustics is that they are basically totally un-upgradeable, so pour as much money into the guitar as you can afford!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Have no idea about buget, but some of the nicest acoustics i've ever had the chance
to play were Takamine..
I definitely recommend at least trying one!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:38 PM

I have played with stratacoustic and telecoustic and they seemed pretty decent to me.

Tags
acoustic guitar , custom shop , fender strat , ibanez acoustic , piezo pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode