Acoustic - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Acoustic

Any recommendations for an acoustic?? I am a longtime shredder with old Ibanez guitars but never had a steel string, so I basically no nothing about them. I play classical so I know a lot about nylon string guitars. I would like to use it as Paul Gilbert has used acoustic, in other words electric shredding but on an acoustic guitar as well as a typical acoustic style. Can anyone tell me the biggest couple acoustic manufacturers? and give me an example of a common modern sounding acoustic, and a common vintage style sound... maybe in songs or something i can look up on youtube? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:25 PM

Re: Acoustic

yamaha LL16. i have one and love it. i think you can find them for around 750 on the inet. they are all solid wood. handcrafted for whatever thats worth. ebony board, rosewood back and sides, engleman spruce top. you cant touch these type of woods and extras anywhere else for this price. if you like they make a LL6 which is ply back and sides, but an awesome guitar, for less money.

i highly recommend yamaha, even the fg series which you can get anywhere is nice. You can always fork over the big bucks for a taylor (too bright IMO) and wide neck, or a martin (nice but damn that price!)

thats my .02 cents
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:26 PM

750 with case for the LL16

they also make a LS style which is smaller than the dreadnaught size LL.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the recommendation Scott, I will check those out. I forgot ot mention I am looking for a warm sound as well.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 AM

You can get a 15 series Martin for not much more than that LL16. I bought Mrs Cid one for Christmas one year and its an awsome guitar.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 06:10 PM

check out the alvarez acoustics as well.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 01:37 AM

I have a Maton Tommy Emmanuel sig and it's great!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54tRcKFEUlY
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:43 PM

No Ibanez acoustics? They are pretty awesome from waht I played so far.. Just ordered a AEL20E which should be here soon.. cant wait =]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode