Acoustic guitar pickup question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Acoustic guitar pickup question

need a little help here with my acoustic guitar. My acoustic guitar has these custom guitar pickups installed into it. comes with the 3 EQ band with volume. They are those normal guitar pickups that are placed at the back of the bridge that look like a small thin magnet bar. The problem with my guitar is that when i pick my guitar downwords ( E A D G B e ) my guitar sounds pretty soft from the thick E string to the B string, but it sounds very loud at the small E string. What could be wrong here? sorry if my english explaination makes you go dizzy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 12:54 PM

Is it an under saddle transducer? If so, it sounds like the saddle isn't making complete contact with the transducer element. What kind of guitar is it?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Yup, its under the saddle. does the saddle transducer need to make a FULL contact with the saddle itself? Its a Cadenza guitar. korean made but sounds great to me.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 01:12 PM

The saddle does need to make full contact. Otherwise, you're not going to get even response from all of the strings.

With the guitar plugged in and the amp on, try pressing down on the saddle itself. If you get a bunch of loud pops, your saddle probably isn't completely in contact with the transducer. You might be able to fix this by leveling out the bottom of the saddle on a flat surface with some sand paper, but...ya might want to take it to a tech to do it if you're not comfortable with it. If you take too much off of the saddle, you'll need to put shims under the transducer element to raise it back up, etc.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

well got it to a tech allready. hope it works! thanks for the advice.

Tags
acoustic guitar , custom guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode