Advice needed! - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 05:50 AM

Re: Advice needed!

The S may look strat-ish, but it's more an amalgamation of strat (shape, bolt on neck) and SG (mahogany body, light weight). It has a tremendously thin profile at the edge, thickening towards the middle. Good upper fret access and a fairly flat neck profile. Stock pickups are a bit bland. On the whole I think it's a bit more versatile than an RG. SAs a bit heavier and thicker though.

The RG is a less over the top version of the Jem, basically a shred machine. Basswood or alder, depending on the model, necks thin to super thin (model again) stock pickups at the lower end still slightly bland. Trems vary, the Edge III at the lower end has a horrendous reputation, but it works all right while still in good order. The 350 is a starter model really, but it gives a great indication of whether this is a make you want to invest in.

The 1570 sounds like a really good deal.

The answer regarding dollars/euros is well intentioned but a bit misleading - if you're shopping anywhere outside the US, the prices the Stateside members are getting are the stuff of dreams. Expect to pay the dollar price in Euros, basically.

In SA, Aus and NZ, expect to pay between 2 and 4 times the US list price. Aus most expensive?

Only 4 shopping days to Christmas - enjoy it, and pics once you get it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 AM

Which country are you in Fail?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

I'm from Italy!
I just found another web store... i found maaaany ibanez guitars (new or ex-demo ones) at very low prices... There's a PGM30 (from the picture it's got a floating trem) at 600 EUROS!
I also found the 1570 and the 2550 at below 600 euros.
How's the PGM30?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailToShred View Post
I'm from Italy!
I just found another web store... i found maaaany ibanez guitars (new or ex-demo ones) at very low prices... There's a PGM30 (from the picture it's got a floating trem) at 600 EUROS!
I also found the 1570 and the 2550 at below 600 euros.
How's the PGM30?
URL please!!!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Meh, the 2550 were all sold, the PGM30 is korea-made (650Ä),i think i'll just stick with the 1570.
www.mercatinomusicale.com, you have to be italian though.

Tags
clean tone , edge bridge , fret access , fret board , high pass filter , ibanez guitars , mahogany body , maple fret , maple fret board , maple neck , paf pro , pro edge , pro edge bridge , satch tone , shred machine , upper fret , upper fret access

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode